Author Topic: Vest cutting skin under arm - how do I alleviate?  (Read 2826 times)

Offline john737

4 days post-op. The vest I'm using is rubbing the skin the seam comes into contact with under the arm (like a u). The skin is pretty raw and sensitive. I've been sticking a sock in between while at home, but I need a way to alleviate this at work. I know I've read under armour underneath works well, but the thought of wearing four layers to work in the heart of summer seems like an unpleasant proposition. Is there something I can use for protection in just this one area? I've  tried sliding a piece of cotton in between but it slips out of place. Any ideas that don't involve another full layer underneath?

Offline Shawnw1531

• Bronze Member
Stick it out and get the compression underarmour shirt like I did. Best 25 dollars I ever spent!  Good luck!

Offline john737

It's just not an option. I'd be drenched in sweat getting off the train every day before work.

Offline jay adams

• Gold Member
I couldn't find any other way besides under armour. Remember under armour is made of material that wicks the sweat away from your body. Thats why mma fighters train in them. They're so thin you shouldn't really notice. Give it a shot instead of suffering. You may like it.

Good luck.

Offline jamie10

• Bronze Member
Sounds like some serious chafage going on. (h t t p://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chafing_%28skin%29)

There are different approaches but I think loads of petroleum jelly may help. You may want to put some duct tape or electrical tape on the vest so it has a smooth service which will not stick to the skin at all. The jelly will help a lot.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024