Author Topic: puffiness nearly ten years after surgery  (Read 1318 times)

Offline danny0000234

• Posting Member
hey there, I had a lump removed from my left nipple when I was 15 (nearly 10 years ago) all the hard tissue was removed, and ive always had low body fat, but the nipple is still puffy and slightly sticks out. I always assumed that this would eventually go away after time. A month ago I had the lump on the right side cut out (this was just as big as the lump on the left by the time it was removed)
After only a month, the side that I just had surgery on already has better shape and contour to the side that was done a decade ago.
When the nipple is hard, the puffiness does go away and it looks normal
I am wondering what treatment I could use such as lipo or laser treatment to tighten the skin around the area, or if skin tightening creams would be worth looking into.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Without seeing photos or examining you, it's difficult to make any recommendations based on your history.  I'm curious as to why the surgeon operating on the right side didn't want to address the left side, if it remains prominent and there's a lump--and it bothers you! I think I'd have re-excised the left side at the same time as addressing the right side.  Can you explain why nothing was done?

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery