Author Topic: Underarm Issues  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Kestral

Hey guys, so for the last 6 months or so I've been dealing with an increasingly discomforting situation.  Underneath my right armpit, directly to the right of my pec, it seems as if there is some kind of puffiness or extra fat.  It becomes discomforting when I try to let my arms down by my side naturally, as it feels as if it's pushing against my arm/protruding.  It only occurs on my right side.  I went to a couple doctors and from a physical examination have told me that it may just be disproportionate muscle or fat but haven't mentioned anything such as swollen lymphnodes or lipomas or anything of that nature.  When I push on the area, it's soft, without any lumps or anything hard but just feels like the area just sticks out more than my other side.

In addition, I've noticed when I look at myself in the mirror, it appears that my pectoral area on that specific side hangs lower than on my left side as well as the breast seems to be thicker/fatter than the other one as well.  I have done some weight training recently and am left-handed so I dunno if that might be an issue with me favoring one side during chest exercises over the other.

At any rate, I was hoping somebody could help shed some light on this topic for me as it is very distressing and unfortunately constant day in and out.  Thanks a bunch guys!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
It's very difficult from your post to determine what the condition may be.  It's possible that it's gynecomastia, possible that it's a lipoma, and it's possible that it's some anatomic variant that is "normal" for you.  Posting some photos might be helpful.  Also, if you have any associated history that would contribute to our understanding (medication or supplement use, etc.), please include that--age, other medical issues, and so on.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Kestral

I'm working on getting some pictures that I can put up here in the next couple days.  Aside from that, there hasn't been any related history other than a pretty significant weight gain over the last year.  From Jan. 2012 to now, I've went from 125lbs. to 180lbs. This is partly due to my living circumstances and my workout regimen.  I never noticed any issues until after I started lifting heavily, in which I was regularly taking whey protein and creatine and doing isolated freeweight exercised (flat bench press, etc.).  I recently had a chest x-ray which came back negative and a couple physical examinations, but nothing along the lines of US, or MRI/CT scans.  There's no pain, only mild discomfort.  I tend to find myself walking around with my arm kind of sticking out away from my body to eliminate any direct contact which proves discomforting.  Like I said, I'll try and obtain some pictures as soon as I can but thank you for your quick response and let me know if there's any other information I can provide that may prove helpful!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024