Author Topic: Post Surgery Worries  (Read 1723 times)

Offline MrFlex

• Posting Member
Hello all,

I am now 6 months post surgery (May). To get to the point, I'm a little worried at this point on if my recovery is going as it should.

My left side is fine. Aereola is flat, not lumps or extra tissue underneath, and it may have even contracted in size a little, which is better than nothing seeing as how the overall size of the aereola doesn't reduce much if at all in gyno surgery.

The right side is still a problem. After a while it seemed like nothing had changed much since before the surgery. It was almost just as puffy and the scar tissue (at least what I think is scar tissue) was still pretty massive. Massages I guess weren't doing the trick.

My doc noticed this so I went back for a "local anesthesia" about two months back. My right side was numbed, an incision was made on the bottom of the aereola and tissues was removed. There were stitches, swelling, and a little bleeding afterwards. But I was told this should make it look like the other side in about 2-3 months time.

I've been massaging it as instructed and probably over-massaging if there's such a thing. There's signs of progress but it doesn't seem to be much. Scar tissue has diminished a bit but still a significant amount and it still gets a little puffy.

I guess I just need reassurance that everything is going okay and still have to be patient (keep in mind on going on 7 months post). Sorry for the long post but would really appreciate some feedback. Hope the picture helps too. Thanks!

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Based on the one photo and your description, you may be fine.  Keep in mind that your left side is nearly 7 months post-op, but your right side is only 2 months post-op--from the second procedure.  You start the clock again.

Give it time.

Rick Silverman
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline MrFlex

• Posting Member
 That makes sense. Thanks doc I really appreciate it. I have a follow-up Monday so we'll see how that goes.  And I'll try to get better pics!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024