Author Topic: 6 days post op. Stressed!  (Read 1645 times)

Offline Swellitup

Hi All,

I've suffered from gynaecomastia since I was 16 and I am now 27 and decided to do something about it now. I lost over 45 kilos however the breasts were the same.

6 days ago I had the surgery and only had the gland taken out (no lipo). (Not sure how much was taken out - The ultrasound confirmed very similar amounts of tissue existed prior to surgery)

My left is a lot more swollen compared to my right.

It feels like there is rocks in my left breast and my partner keeps reassuring me that the swelling is going down however I just can't see it. It actually looks the same prior having the surgery at this stage. It's freaking me out!

I've been to my GP and he said it was hematoma and to leave it alone and that the body would absorb it very slowly.... 3 other nurses that came home to check my drainage (had them on for 3 days) said the same thing... I'm currently wearing an Under Armour compression shirt to help it. I've been putting ice on for 20 minutes a day, etc.

I'm seeing my surgeon on Thursday and I'm paranoid, annoyed, etc, etc... Does this look normal?

Thoughts?

s13.postimg.org/mnl5d5i9j/Bbdbbq_I70_Ivn_ZAl_GQy_Wzjq99_Zh_Vc9_At_OIu_Bevy_Wg_Q1_U.jpg
s3.postimg.org/p01wuoz2b/Kp_Pwa_Dce5_RSFDy_PGTt_Lwcy_Csbr6p_Nolvn_AVX7helnw.jpg
s28.postimg.org/mgxlvc4lp/o9_L2t0_S4y_M5_DEq0plqld_S22_Eh_TADF_Kt_P6e7_Se83ak.jpg
s30.postimg.org/rpkqcry3l/tw_Xk_RVy_YBi_D18_BW8_Hs_Jm_PDHAx_3_Sv_Fc_HJis_RU_tf9_MY.jpg

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
That appears to be a fairly large sized collection of fluid -- which can be blood or serum or commonly both.  Yes, it would absorb in time -- a rather long time -- and you may be left with a significant amount of residual scar tissue which could affect the contours of your chest.

I would very, very strongly suggest you return to your surgeon ASAP and have him look at it.  He may want to open a few stitches and drain the fluid.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Swellitup

Thx for your advice Dr. Jacobs.

My surgeon decided to surgically remove it tomorrow morning.

Is there anything I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Good thing I saw them apparently my right one had seroma? So they will be aspirating the other one.

Will keep everyone posted

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024