Author Topic: Possible Aromatase Excess Syndrom  (Read 1578 times)

Offline patrickwkimball

• Posting Member
Hi Doc's, hope all is well.  Have a question about recurrence I was hoping to get your thoughts on.

Over the last 4 years I've had 2 excisions on the left breast and one on the right.  My most recent excision on the left side was done about 6 months ago and so far no regrowth.  However my right continues to get bigger and bigger and at some point I'm going to need a second surgery on that side.

Basically what I've done over the last 4 years is to try and stabilize the hormonal problems but have come to the conclusion it's just not possible. 

I was diagnosed with low T 4 years ago and started TRT.  I've tried a number of different dosages and products but none ever stopped gyno from growing.  My endo is telling me he thinks I may have Aromatase Excess Syndrome.  I have tried letro and aromasin but the drops in estrogen just kill my mood and happiness and just can't live my life feeling that way.  I've also tried to come off the TRT and raise levels naturally but it just didn't work.  I've also tried nolvadex and a handful of other similar drugs and none worked.

I get routine bloodwork done every 8 weeks and not once was I ever shown to have levels of estradiol or estrogen outside the normal range.  All I know is I feel good/happy on the TRT/when my levels are in the 6-700 range and it's obvious to me that I need this supplement but unfortunately cannot stop the gyno.

I know stabilizing levels is talked about a lot on this site when it comes to fears of recurrence but it just doesn't seem possible with me.  So my question is, and I know there can be no guarantee, do any of you doctors feel confident that if I were to fly out and get this 2nd excision on my right breast, that growth would not recur?  At this point, I'd be willing to spend money on any procedure that may give the best chance.

Thanks in advance for the replies.

Offline patrickwkimball

• Posting Member
I should clarify that my doctor told me this is similar to AES but not to the degree in which you develop all female genitalia.  Said this was a lesser degree in that my body carries more of the aromatase enzyme than the majority of people.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024