Author Topic: Post Surgery Hypersensitivity  (Read 1437 times)

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Hi Doctors,

Almost 4 weeks since surgery now and for the past few days as the numbness has cleared I am suffering from an intense painful hypersensitivity of the whole chest area - nipples thankfully are still numb.

I have no pain until I put clothing on, however I can sort of feel the sensitivity if I breath deeply with a naked torso but this is only a sensation of the skin stretching and is not an internal pain as such.

Sound OK? Any idea on duration? ways to minimise the pain/discomfort?

Thanks for any advice, I follow up with my PS but that is a week away so was hoping for a steer in the meantime.

Best regards and thanks as always,
Fguss01

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I am not sure what was done surgically but there is typically a transient loss of sensation to the chest after surgery.The timing for restoration of normal sensation is highly variable. The typical time line is months not weeks for return of sensation.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Dr,
Many thanks for the reply, I had excision + lipo and also had lipo to axillae as breast contour went to my underarm.

In total around 40g of gland and a litre of fat was removed.

Apart from the nipple full sensation has returned and it all feels very sore especially towards the axillae.

No evidence of infection or inflammation.

Thanks,
Fguss01

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
The bigger the area of resection the larger the area of sensory alteration and the longer the resolution of the sensory loss. So it sounds like you need more time.

Offline fguss01

• Bronze Member
Many thanks for the reply doctor - makes sense.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024