Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 1743 times)

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
Question 1:  I have completely accepted that I have breasts (46B).  However, my right breast seems to me to be substantially smaller than my left one and I would like for them to be more even.  Is there a non-surgical way to enlarge just the smaller one so that they will be more even?

Question 2:  Care and maintenance of my breasts.  I do not intend to have any surgery, and since I have them, I want to keep them healthy.  Fortunately, my breasts do not sag at all.  At what size would wearing a bra be recommended?  How about annual mammograms?  Is there anything else I should be doing to take care of them?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
1. There is no safe, non-surgical way to enlarge the smaller breast to equal the larger one. I don't know any surgeon who would put a breast implant in you for such a purpose -- but that would involve surgery -- and if you thought about it, if you are having surgery, why not have the gyne removed from both sides.

2. Would only wear a bra if you feel that you need some support during physical activities, if you have pain, etc.  Otherwise, enjoy them!  Routine mammograms are usually not needed since male breast cancer is very rare.  However, if one side begins to grow, is more tender, if there are skin/nipple changes, if you have discharge from the nipple, if you feel a discrete lump -- then you need a mammogram.

Best of luck!

Dr Jacobs

Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
I really appreciate your answers.  ANY surgery is absolutely out of the question, so as you said, I will just "enjoy them."  :)   I've had one mammogram because of pain in my left nipple, so a baseline has been established in case there is a future need.

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
#1 The only non-surgical way to enlarge a breast is the use of a BRAVA device. This is a rather large plastic shell that is applied to the breast and connects to a vacuum pump. It basically "sucks" the breast and skin outward. It is generally used for women who desire small breast enlargement without implants and also in women who get reconstruction after mastectomies. I think it would be a "long slide for a short run" but you could investigate who in your area does this. There is no reason that it could not be applied to a man's breast.

#2 No maintenance is necessary. Unless you develop pain or a lump there is no reason to have mammograms.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024