Author Topic: Dendritc Gynecomastia  (Read 1284 times)

Offline royorbison

• Posting Member
I have a question regarding the surgery technique most commonly used, gland excision and liposuction.

For what I understand the gland behind the areola is almost totally removed, letting only a small piece to prevent crattering. But what is done with all the star shape dendrites of gland that protuberates from beneath the areola all over the chest? They cant be removed with liposuction, right? My gynecomastia is very mild but I can feel very hard dendrites that I would like to go away too.

Are they removed or its impossible just with the areola excision?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I think I know what you are referring to as "dendrites" but quite frankly I don't think that most gynecomastia surgeons refer to them. Try not to over think it. Trust a good gynecomastia surgeon.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
There are no star shaped dendrites that protrude all over the chest. That is the case both in males and females. 
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline royorbison

• Posting Member
Quote from: Dr. Dr. Schuster link=topic=31178.msg200149#msg200149 date=1443038036
I think I know what you are referring to as "dendrites" but quite frankly I don't think that most gynecomastia surgeons refer to them. Try not to over think it. Trust a good gynecomastia surgeon.

What do you think it is? I know they protude from the gland like tentacles, up and mostly sideways to the axila direction. I have unilateral  gynecomastia from steroids, but these tentacles happened to develop on the lumpless chest as well, next to the axila.

Before the hormonal imbalance was all just skin and muscle, so I know they are female in nature (fat or gland?) and they make a difference in the look of both chests, thats why I am asking if they are removed or not.

Thank you for reply Dr.Schuster.

There are no star shaped dendrites that protrude all over the chest. That is the case both in males and females.

In fact I dont know what is. I have to check my hormones first before thinking about surgery, the last thing I need is a regrowth after surgery. The sensitivity I felt when the gino grew is gone, almost 100% of the time. So I think its time to deal with it.

Thanks for asking.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024