Author Topic: 1st consultation done  (Read 1257 times)

Offline percy46

Hi guys, this is the first time I've posted on this site.
I've suffered with gyno since puberty (being overweight didn't help I'm sure.)
Over the last few years I've lost over 30kg in weight but my gyno remains and I've now decided to have surgery. 
I had my first consultation recently with Marc Pacifico, based in Tunbridge Wells in Kent, as he seems to have significant holding in the plastic surgery community. However, he informed me that my case was 'stage 3' and due to my weight loss, the only way to treat would be to have lengthy scars from the middle of my chest up to my armpit. 
This was quite a shock as I had assumed that being only 22 years old, my skin would have been elastic enough to have the surgery where the scarring is limited to the nipple area. However was told that due to my weight loss my skin elasticity wouldn't be sufficient.
I'm at the situation now, where if lengthy scars is the only option that's not an issue, but am worried that maybe it's not the only option (maybe I'm in denial) 
Considering having a second opinion from Karidis, as I've heard he's an expert in the field, but would now be worried that a surgeon could just tell me what I would like to hear, and the end result wouldn't be worth it.
Has anyone had any work done with Pacifico before? He's very experienced with breast work, and I couldn't knock him at all, but I feel that he maybe hasn't had the same amount of experience with gyno as others, and choosing a surgeon is obviously a huge decision.
I'd really appreciate any advice as I'm feeling quite low after the news, and feel a little bit lost at the moment,
Thanks

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Welcome to the forum!!

You can receive many opinions if you would post some photos of your self on this site. We could then opine on your situation.  Good idea to get a second opinion as well.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
Not familiar with Dr. Pacifico. It is true however that removal of skin may be necessary the looser your skin is. Even in the most severe cases the sca can run towards the side of the chest but not upward to the actual armpit.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
It is tough to say much without photos.I would suggest one from the front and one from each side.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024