Author Topic: Post Op - Am I Being too impatient?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline cruizer

• Posting Member
 posted this another section but I think its much more relevant here
Hi
I had surgery last week from a very experienced and well regarded surgeon on this board (although he doesnt post here) last week. I have a very muscular build and struggled with puffy nipples since puberty. The surgeon excised the tissue and did some lipo. Today was the 7th day, and I was finally allowed to shower and remove the padding. I removed the padding and.....no change. My nipples look exactly the same as they did pre -op. I have to wear the vest for anothe 2 weeks (only remove it to shower)
Now, I understand I may sound impatient, and that it has only been 1 week. However, my anxiety is killing me. Should I not have been able to see even a slight difference by now? I mean, they look identical and its really worrying me so I'm just looking for some thoughts. 

Offline cruizer

• Posting Member
I must say, I spoke to soon. Looking closely, the areola has reduced in puffiness. It now sits flush with my chest. However, the nipple itself is quite long and wide? 
Will the nipple height (for lack of a better term) decrease as I recover? Additionally my ps mentioned that the diameter of the areola may also decrease as mine are quite wide. Do you docs find this to be true?

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
As you suggested in your post it is still to early for you to have an idea about your result.
Good Luck!
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
Typically, the areola does decrease in size after gynecomastia is removed.  It is very early for you to determine a final result, so just be patient for now.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Agree with my colleagues -- it is much too early in the healing game to try to draw any conclusions about the final result.  In fact, you may find that there are changes day to day, with one side perhaps looking slightly different from the other side.  All of this is quite normal.

Be patient.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024