Author Topic: 9-10 Weeks Post OP Question (Pictures Included)  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Zifnab

• Posting Member
Hiya,

So i'm about 9-10 weeks  post op from having pure glandular excision. I was wondering if I can have some insight on whether this looks more like residual glandular tissue or from scar tissue build up.

I'm not sure if i'm being over excessive but I guess I just envisioned my chest being flat, but I still have that slight conical shape near the areola that give it that "Cliff" look. Where the areola connects with the bottom of my chest.

I can definitely feel scar tissue at the excision site though, and I can't say if it looked flat or not right after surgery as I didn't take off the vest long enough to properly gauge.

From the front it looks fine I feel, but it definitely makes me self conscious when I look at it from the side or diagonally.

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I will start by saying that based on the photos you've included and not knowing how you looked pre-operatively, I think your results for 9 - 10 weeks look good.  It is common for patients to comment on persistent shape issues with "conical nipples," and on probing, the complaint is specifically when looking down at the nipples.  Remember, you're the only person who can look down at your nipples, and it's normal to have some projection of the nipple.  You said yourself, "from the front, it looks fine."  Based on the photos, it looks fine from the other angles as well.  Not sure if it looks different in person, but I'd be patient if I were you.  
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

Offline Zifnab

• Posting Member
I will start by saying that based on the photos you've included and not knowing how you looked pre-operatively, I think your results for 9 - 10 weeks look good.  It is common for patients to comment on persistent shape issues with "conical nipples," and on probing, the complaint is specifically when looking down at the nipples.  Remember, you're the only person who can look down at your nipples, and it's normal to have some projection of the nipple.  You said yourself, "from the front, it looks fine."  Based on the photos, it looks fine from the other angles as well.  Not sure if it looks different in person, but I'd be patient if I were you.  

Ahh I see, that's reassuring. Well i've also included a few pictures in this reply right before the operation was done.
I guess my biggest issue is with the "cliff" look when viewing the chest from the side. The dip upwards from the bottom chest up to the nipple, and the slight protrusion of the areola away from the chest wall.

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
At two to three months there is always some residual swelling.You appear to be progressing appropriately.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024