Author Topic: do i need to let surgeon know i have had 2 gyno operations previoysly  (Read 2686 times)

Offline Snowblowjoe35

• Posting Member
my insurance has approved me to get gyno surgery but its still up to the surgeon if he feels it is necessary or not. i wouldnt mind telling the surgeon i have had 2 previous surgeries for my gyno but i dont want it to effect my insurance status and it being covered. is it important i let the surgeon know i have had 2 previous surgeries? if i tell him the truth is it possible he would elect not to do the surgery or possibly tell the insurance company i have had it done in the past? not sure if that could change my insurance status or not...

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
After repeated surgeries in the same place, your circulation in that area might be compromised to some degree. The surgeon needs to know your full history in order to plan for such things because your ability to heal might be effected to some degree.   
Grandpa Dan

hammer

After repeated surgeries in the same place, your circulation in that area might be compromised to some degree. The surgeon needs to know your full history in order to plan for such things because your ability to heal might be effected to some degree.  

As a man that has had 8 surgeries I have to agree Paa_Paw, and I also believe that honesty is the best policy!

Offline Snowblowjoe35

• Posting Member
I also believe honesty is the best policy I just don't want it to jeopardize my insurance. Currently they are going to pay for it but I'm not sure if they will still pay for it if they find out I've had 2 prior surgeries. Can anyone speak to that? Thanks 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024