Author Topic: Unsure if Gynocomastia  (Read 1198 times)

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
I have read many post, saying that one can not tell by feel, the difference between tissue or fat. So where does one start, GP,Endocrinologist, Plastic Surgeon.  

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
It is always safe to start with your GP.  If you are an adult male and have obvious breast tissue in both breasts, with a female breast appearance, then you have gynecomastia.  Some blood work is often in order, as determined by your GP.  If you have had this condition for a couple of years and it's stable, then you'll need surgery to correct it.  I recommend you seek a board certified plastic surgeon in your community who has a lot of experience with this surgery.
Best of luck-
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline DrPensler

• Supporting Doctors
    • gynecomastiachicago
I certainly examine many patients each week for gynecomastia and I certainly can tell the difference between fat and glandular tissue. Gynecomastia is a descriptive term that is based on two Greek words gyno for feminine and mastos for breast. It means literally that your breasts are too big ,ie feminine like. There is no blood test that establishes that you have gynecomastia. To repeat if your breasts are too large you have gynecomastia.I have not found it productive to seek evaluation from someone who may not have ever seen a case of gynecomastia. Often a plastic surgeon may never have seen a case or at best has limited exposure to gynecomastia.I would seek out someone with a large experience and get them to evaluate you,by the way this is the same advice I would give you for any medical problem.
Jay M. Pensler,M.D.
680 North Lake Shore Drive
suite 1125
Chicago,Illinois 60611
(312) 642-7777
http://www.gynecomastiachicago.com

Offline island dude

• Posting Member
Thank you both for you response, will make contact with GP and see which direction he points me in. Thanks again for the reply.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024