Author Topic: Where did those come from?  (Read 3813 times)

bikerbob

I am new here.  I am 69 and was recently blessed with a very girly looking (if a bit hairy) set of what I guess to be 42Bs.  A while back I noticed I was getting creases under my breasts but figured it was just part of getting old and fat, then a few weeks ago my wife commented that it looked like I was about ready for a B cup.  I looked down and thought Holy Crap, where did those come from, so I believe they are a fairly recent development.  Aside from the cost, my wife has had breast reduction surgery and I really don't think I want to go there.  I have my annual physical coming up soon and plan to discuss the "girls" with my doctor, but I figure it is probably the testosterone slowing down and the estrogen kicking in as I get older.  Apparently drinking beer, smoking marijuana and low thyroid aggravate things.  (yes, yes and yes)  Nothing in my lifestyle has changed recently and I am not taking any prescription drugs that would explain it.  I am not self conscious about them at this point and actually think they are kind of cute so I am sort of waiting to see what happens next.  I am a serious mountain biker and have found it a lot more enjoyable since I started wearing a sports bra when I ride.  The first time I tried it, I was hitting bumps on purpose to see if it worked (yes!).  My wife is a 42D herself and has been a good sport about the whole thing.  She doesn't mind shopping for me and when I thanked her for having a sense of humor about it, she said "been there and done that, it hurts".  I was walking into a store the other day and saw my reflection in the glass and realized that I am starting to jiggle so I may be graduating to a regular Playtex in the near future.  The sports bra is OK for biking but I don't care for having my boobs squashed for more than a few hours at a time, although the support feels good.  I have been researching bras at some on line retailers and have found the discussions here very helpful.  It is nice to know I am not alone.

aboywithgirls

Hi Felix,  Welcome to the club. I'm 43 and have had significant breasts since puberty.  I've been wearing a bra just as long. I currently wear a 36H in most of my bras. I went from a DD to an H cup in 5 years after a complete thyroidectomy due to cancer. I  wear a bra everyday and I do wear several different types of bras depending on my activities. Working out or ATV riding requires a good sports bra . For day to day , I wear a regular underwire full support bra . Around the house and for sleeping, I will usually have on a leisure/sleep bra. Women have all of the bras available for a reason. I have found it necessary to wear the right bra for the job.

Offline CrewdsX

• Posting Member
Hi Felix,  Welcome to the club. I'm 43 and have had significant breasts since puberty.  I've been wearing a bra just as long. I currently wear a 36H in most of my bras. I went from a DD to an H cup in 5 years after a complete thyroidectomy due to cancer. I  wear a bra everyday and I do wear several different types of bras depending on my activities. Working out or ATV riding requires a good sports bra . For day to day , I wear a regular underwire full support bra . Around the house and for sleeping, I will usually have on a leisure/sleep bra. Women have all of the bras available for a reason. I have found it necessary to wear the right bra for the job.

What bra is that? Looks nice on you!

Blousbunnys

I find leading lady t shirt bras work best for me. I like both the underwire or wireless. The cups run large. I am a D cup in most bras but a C cup in leading lady.
I also mountain bike and find the Glamorise sports bra controls bounce the best. It's more comfortable than a regular pack em and squish em sports bra. It comes in regular cup sizes. This bras cups run true to size. Good luck.

bikerbob

Those look interesting, if a bit pricey, but I guess you get what you pay for.  I like that you don't have to guess at the band and cup size.  Thanks for the advice.

Offline Cisco

• Bronze Member
Felix, welcome to the club!  You obviously have the right attitude about your new development.  Accept it as a new and interesting experience for us guys as we get older.  I dare say have fun with it as you grow large full breasts and begin wearing a bra to support them.  As you will gather from this group there is large community of men who have come/are coming to terms with having breasts and wearing bras to support them.  As you will see breasts aren't just for women anymore!

hammer

Felix, there are so many things in life that are more important to worry about then bumps on our chest!  Due to health issues mine have grown to 46H!  I have other priorities now at 59 years of age!

I'm also one of the guys that grew up with gyno but I never made much of it. In fact I never knew there was a name for it until I found this forum back in 2011!

Welcome to the forum

aboywithgirls

Hammer is right. Having breasts or wearing a bra is really not that big of a deal. Women do it all the time. 
I ended up with cancer about 5 years ago. I had a thyroidectomy. As a result, I went from a 38DD to a 36H now, and that's with losing 40 lbs.
I just wear my bra everyday. I'm comfortable and I just go about my business. 

hammer

I had bilateral radical orchiectomy, (lost my testicles) that is what cause mine to grow so big, and also having hypothyroidism doesn't help either I guess!

Personally I don't like wearing a bra,  but if I don't I get a bad hear rash under my breast. I don't like tight stuff on me.

My advice to you would be though, is to go get a formal fitting. It is well worth the time and you will be surprise at the great treatment you will get. There is nothing to be worried about, men do it everyday and the ladies are very used to fitting men.

aboywithgirls

I just bought a couple of new bras at a boutique. I like the service there better. It's well worth the time. Hammer is absolutely correct. I was treated with nothing but respect. I've been wearing long enough to what fits and what doesn't.  But a bra is something that has to fit. Just because you're a 36H in one bra (which is my size) doesn't mean that you will be that size in every bra. You really have to try it on first. I gotten fitted when I have tried on over 30 bras before deciding what works best for me.

Offline HopiArizona

• Posting Member

Mine are not as big as yours yet. Does the strap cut at under arm? Looks uncomfortable maybe?

aboywithgirls

I sort of have to wear a bra. I'm uncomfortable without one. That being said, I won't wear a bra that's uncomfortable. That's self defeating. I will put on a bra in the morning and wear it for 18 hours. The one pictured here is a Fantasie Jacqueline in a 36G  (36I US sizing). And it very comfortable. 

hammer

It does look like it cuts into your under arm fat/meat what ever you want to call it! I see what his question is referring to. My bras do not fit like that, it might just be how the picture looks but it does look to tight!

Offline expedient-traveller

• Silver Member
Welcome to the group Felix. You are welcome and can say almost anything here as we all are in the same boat and as such we will not judge or criticize you. Feel completely free to get anything off your chest (pun intended). There are fellows here who have been dealing with breasts since high school but most of us are relatively new to breast ownership. Personally, I have only had to deal with the "assets" for 3 years come January. Prior to that I did not notice. After that I cannot but notice them. I went from a 44B to a 46DD/DDD in that time. However, even at that size, most (90%) never notice. Be at peace fellow compatriot for there are far more of us around than are noticed. Zei gezundt (Be well)!

aboywithgirls

It does look like it cuts into your under arm fat/meat what ever you want to call it! I see what his question is referring to. My bras do not fit like that, it might just be how the picture looks but it does look to tight!
I can see what you mean. However I think that it's a little deceiving because I have my right arm stretched out in front and across, taking the  picture. That being said, this bra does have "side support " which usually means a taller cup. Like alot of us here, i am FOB (full on bottom. It is still a light bra that has been good to me this summer. Relatively little boob sweat and no boob rash.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024