Author Topic: Surgery has changed my life  (Read 3315 times)

Offline midland

Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I got the surgery done about 5 days ago and even though there is still swelling the difference even now is drastic and amazing.

Before surgery I had tried everything from lifting weights (especially chest exercises) to weight loss. The lowest weight I got to was about 150 this summer (I'm about 5'9) and the lowest body fat % I have had is 4%.  Nothing worked. In fact even when I'm at a lower weight I look even more out of proportion because my breasts would stand out more than anything else on my body. After I lost weight this summer I knew I needed to do the surgery.

I've known about the surgery for the better part of 15 years but was always so ashamed and embarrassed to ever seek the surgery. Well as a 28 year old man I'm telling anyone still on the fence about it to just go do it and darn what anyone else thinks. The benefits you will receive from getting this surgery far outweigh any of the social stigma you may experience.

Firstly the surgery is not as bad as you think it will be. Of course surgery is stressful but if you choose a highly qualified physician and get a close friend/family member/significant other to help you out it is quite manageable. Also I would encourage everyone to motivate themselves, as I did, by the years of torment your man boobs have caused you to just man up and get the surgery. I used my anger to motivate myself to push through all of the discomfort, fear, and embarrassment of having to get Gynecomastia surgery. By the time the day of surgery came I was more than ready.

As someone who has come out the other end of surgery, I'm telling you it is so worth it. Even though you have to put up with surgery and recovery, once you get it done it is as if a huge weight has been lifted off your chest (figuratively and literally :D). I keep looking at myself in the mirror and really can't believe that all of the years of trying to hide my boobs are over, I never have to worry about that again in my life. I cannot tell you how big of a relief that is. It truly feels as if I have started a new life. In all honestly its been 5 days but it still has yet to sink in completely, I just have to keep going back to the mirror and pinching myself.

We're all here for the same reason. Our man boobs have caused us significant pain and torment in our lives. Well I'm here to tell you there is a way out and you can do something about it tomorrow. Surgery does work and is not as bad as you think it is. I would encourage everyone to get to a normal weight before they think about surgery but if you are already there and still on the fence, just get it.

I keep thinking to myself about the enormity of the situation of getting surgery but then realize I already got it done.     

As a final note I just wanted to say my parents were very much against this (neither has had Gynecomastia and look down upon "Plastic Surgery"), our society does not look kindly on this type of procedure/condition, it's costly, and you have to go through some discomfort to get it done. Taking all those into account I would do it again in a heartbeat. People who have not had to go through having Gynecomastia have no idea what its like and how, for example in my case, it has completely fucked up the way I look at myself, regard myself, and quite frankly has always made me feel like an outsider my entire life. It so liberating to get rid of Gynecomastia. For example I'm not afraid to wear a tight white shirt or take off my shirt or even go to a pool party.

P.S. To anyone living in the Seattle area I highly recommend Dr. Flugstad in Bellevue. He and his staff are amazing and make you feel so comfortable and most importantly the results are incredible. Also financing is quite reasonable. I choose to pay 200/month for the next three years but you could choose to pay 100/month for the next 4. Either way its completely worth it in my opinion.

--- Also please feel free to message me and we can talk more privately about the surgery, Gynecomastia, or whatever. I know how bad this shit sucks and I want to help as many people out as possible.

Offline zachachez

• Posting Member
Congratulations man.
And yes it is life changing, it changed my life too. 
Post some pic before and after so people get motivated too

Offline reppinthegyno

• Posting Member
Yeah the Boys !
Bite the bullet and get it done
It is a big change, but all depends on the severity. 
Best thing for any one considering this procedure is be 100% confident in your surgeon !
Dont go for second best, dont go for cheapest - money shouldn't be a factor as this is something that seriously f*@#s with your mental every day 365. Go with someone who has done the procedure hundreds if not thousands of times!

Good looking out for those who have had the surgery done and are willing to help others, respect
Peace

Offline Cristalis

• Silver Member
Im not trying to be an ass here but i dont belive you went down to 4% body fat or you don't know what 4% means!!

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024