Author Topic: Minor chest lift  (Read 855 times)

Offline Alpha90210

• Posting Member
I had gynecomastia surgery 2 months ago. My chest was flat and perfect immediately after but as the swelling subsided, there is loose skin primarily around the nipple. I am fairly sure a minor lift, such as a donut lift would manage the issue. However I do not trust the original surgeon to operate on me again.
I completely understand that no surgeon could determine that all I need is a donut lift without examining me. However, if that were the case:
Could it be a simple local anesthesia office procedure?
How much would that generally cost? *considering it is a minor procedure and not a major revision
How early would you do it?
Willing to email any surgeon pictures and so on to discuss further.

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
Generally, any attempt at revision should be delayed for at least 4-6 months after the original procedure.  

The extent of the proposed revision will then determine whether local, general or sedation anesthesia would suffice.

Best to be patient and then return to your surgeon to discuss various options.  You might also seek a second opinion from an expert in gyne surgery so that you will have several options and surgical approaches.  Realize, there is no one correct method to approach a revision.

Good luck.

Dr Jacobs
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 05:40:37 AM by Dr. Elliot Jacobs »
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Alpha90210

• Posting Member
Ok but to be clear. I am asking specifically asking
Hypothetically speaking if all one needed was a donut lift: how much would one charge and under what conditions? Is there anyone HERE who does this?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
I uderstand your question and in general agree with Dr. Jacobs. Peri-areolar tightening can be performed under local or with IV sedation, either in the office or in te operating room, both as an outpatient procedure. The final decsion can only be determined after a good exam. Yoou can always call the offices of good gynecomastia surgeons to get a price quote but there are some inherent inaccuracies based on the above.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024