Author Topic: OFF TOPIC - Lipoma/Cyst  (Read 922 times)

Offline ddhh

• Posting Member
Hi Doctors,
First let me be sorry for posting this on the forum, I couldn't find an active forum regarding Plastic surgery that can help me.

Almost 6 years (as far as I remember) I had Lipoma in my upper back. Yesterday I had the surgery to remove it, and the surgen says it wasn't Lipoma but Cyst. A big cyst like a ball.
Today I removed the pad and saw a big dent in the area where the cyst was located.
I wanted to ask you whether the dent will stays for good or it will heal and look better.
Another question is regarding the exposure of the scar to the sun and to Laser treatment I am doing in that area. Will it be safe to have treatment on the scar? Does the scar will have negative affect? Also for sun exposure, is it healthy to be expose to the sun right now?
If it is fine, when will it be the safer time to have sun exposure and hair removal treament on the scar?
How the scar looks, will it heal nice? The doc did a good job with the scar?

Again sorry for posting it here, but this forum helped me a lot after my Gyno! 

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
When large cysts are removed, there are often irregularities of the contour early on, which resolve with time. There may always be some slight contour irregularity. As for the scar, I recommend sun protection for up to a year with scars, especially in cosmetically critical areas like the face.  The back, and especially the shoulders may be prone to bad scars (widened, thickened), and it's impossible to say if that will happen based on your history and photo. You should follow your surgeon's instructions for scar management and hope for the best!
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024