Author Topic: Can a doctor look at my gland tissue (Picture inside)  (Read 952 times)

Offline eliteplague

So, I've been wondering if I actually had "true" gynocomastia, this is the gland that was removed my left and right of my chest looks like. My question is, why doesn't it look like your typical perfect gland "patty". I've looked at images on google regarding what the gland looks like, but it looks nothing like what I see online.

I've attach images of my chest pre-op, and the gland, and the images of the fat removed during lipo.

My question again is, did I truly have gynocomastia? Or was it just mostly fat?

Offline Dr. Schuster

• Supporting Doctors
    • www.CosmeticSurgeryBaltimore.com
This looks normal. It appears that liposuction and / or UAL was performed leaving the residual glandular portion that was removed and is seen on the photo.
Dr. Schuster
Chief, Division of Plastic Surgery Northwest Hospital
Private practice in Baltimore, Maryland
10807 Falls Road
Lutherville, Maryland 21093
410-902-9800
email: info@drschuster.com

Offline Litlriki

• Supporting Doctors
    • Dr. Silverman's Website
I agree.  You can see the glandular tissue, which is the white material interspersed among the fat.  Many patients with gynecomastia that has been present since puberty have this sort of spotty glandular tissue.  Steroids and the like usually cause a very discreet gland that has more of the white tissue and it can be very tough, like rubbery lobster meat.  The range is quite wide. 
Dr. Silverman, M.D.
Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
29 Crafts Street
Suite 370
Newton, MA 02458
617-965-9500
800-785-7860
www.ricksilverman.com
www.gynecomastia-boston.com
rick@ricksilverman.com

Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024