Author Topic: Gynecomastia and thyroid cancer and introduction  (Read 1483 times)

Offline thyroidproblems

Well, I don't quite know how to start, was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at 26 had my thyroid totally removed so I have been seeing an endocrinologist ever since.  But it seems like that just over the past few years I've noticed that my breasts have been slowly getting bigger and more sensitive  I haven't been positively diagnosed with gynecomastia but have a sneaky suspicion that I probably do. I was also wondering if anybody else in the forums had any information on this for me correlating thyroid issues to gynecomastia? I am also wondering what my next steps would be as they are starting to get big enough to need added support, as they are getting sore by the end of the day after driving all day.
Thank you 

Offline Alchemist

• Gold Member
Well, I don't quite know how to start, was diagnosed with thyroid cancer at 26 had my thyroid totally removed so I have been seeing an endocrinologist ever since.  But it seems like that just over the past few years I've noticed that my breasts have been slowly getting bigger and more sensitive  I haven't been positively diagnosed with gynecomastia but have a sneaky suspicion that I probably do. I was also wondering if anybody else in the forums had any information on this for me correlating thyroid issues to gynecomastia? I am also wondering what my next steps would be as they are starting to get big enough to need added support, as they are getting sore by the end of the day after driving all day.
Thank you

I have been hypothyroid since age 8 and have been on medication since then, 62 years.  Hypothyroid is terribly common and may sometimes be a auto immune disease suspected of being caused by B12/folate deficiencies.   In a study I did of symptoms with B12/folate nobody mentioned gynecomastia.  That doesn't mean it isn't there or causal.  As about 25% of the interviews were done at nudist clubs, while I saw a lot of gynecomastia it appeared to be not connected to B12/folate deficiencies.  There were lots with and lot's without.  And  didn't run into anybody with thyroid cancer in an N=1000 set of histories.  Good luck.

aboywithgirls

I also had a thyroidectomy due to cancer . I've had gynecomastia since puberty.  However, after my thyroidectomy, I went from a 38D to a 38G. I'm a 36G or H in most of my bras after losing weight . My thyroidectomy definitely made my breasts turn into full female looking boobs. Not much I can do other than surgery or wear a bra that fits. Bras are safer and cheaper.

hammer

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024