Author Topic: Have we lost membership  (Read 4358 times)

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
  • If you gat um flunt um.
I still haven't seen a new topic in over a week and that is being kind. Has the membership drifted away or are do they just have nothing new to talk about?
If you got them flaunt them.  We all wear bras so wear what you like and to hell with the rest.

Offline chestyoldman

• Silver Member
I have been away for awhile, but I really don't have anything new to say. I check in once in awhile to see if there's anything new to read, though.

hammer

It is the season the people seem to be busy doing other things and drift away from the forum! I've seen it over the years as I do it myself! Such as today I'm looking at it at 11 am when normally I've looked at it by 7 am or earlier. I'm taking a break from putting a new deck on my utility trailer. I started early to try and beat the heat, but it is still hotter than I would like it to be, but I have a lot of projects I want to get done this summer and I haven't felt this good in years, AS LONG AS I CAN DO THE WORK SITTING DOWN 🙄

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Hammer I understand that people get busy and Lord know this summer I am doing all sort of things, lawn, garden, doctors, taking the wife out shopping and when I can stand the heat I'll sit on the deck and read (and work on my bra tan).  I usually don't come on till the evening myself and it seems we both do a lot of commenting, as do some others.  But it just seems like the well ran dry on new ideas.

Offline Emcginty

• Posting Member
Alot has been covered in previous boards.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
That is my feeling as well!  I haven't been here that long but even in my short time here I have seen the NEW post drop of to almost nothing.  I think we need some new blood but how we are going to get it is a mystery.  I found this place purely by accident and I hope other people we stumble upon us as well.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Sorry to see you leave but I completely understand.  But remember you are welcome here any time.

Offline Johndoe1

I have hardly posted but still check out the board frequently. It is one of several I keep tabs on. As a lifer with gynecomastia, I find comfort knowing I am not alone and that has given me the courage to accept my breasts and now wear bras to support my DD chest. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Men who have had their gynecomastia managed with surgery usually drift away from the site once they are healed.  They move on with their new chest and new life and seldom look back.  The question is: how do we promote this site to men with G to get new followers with new questions? 

I have many gynecomastia patients in my practice, and I always refer them to this forum. I'm sure I could be more active with social media to promote the site; not sure if other docs here are doing that.  I know I don't post here often enough - get busy with my practice and get distracted.  I'm trying to be more active here.  Hopefully we can keep things fresh and generate more interest.
Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Thanks for the reply Doctor!  I can understand that once a person has the surgery that he would naturally drift away.  If I was 20 years younger I might myself but at 70 I do not want any surgery unless it is to save my life.  Thank you for mentioning this site and hope you continue to do so.  I think it is our job here to be supportive of new members as well as the existing ones.

Offline Winner

• Posting Member
I made a new topic under polls.

Jason13820

It's probably safe to assume that like most message boards, there are a lot of people here who read but never post.
The "acceptance garments" section should always be fresh because companies are always releasing new styles of bras and compression vests. If you come across a good one, share a photo or two!
I don't really have anything more to gain from coming here because I've come to accept my gynecomastia, but I come back because I think it's good to let the self-conscious newcomers here know that other guys are dealing with the same thing, and that you don't have to hate your boobs.
It's nice to see the threads where guys who are stressed out in the initial post turn out relaxed and upbeat after getting advice from other guys who've had the same problem.

Offline Athena12@

• Gold Member
Jason, Thanks for your comments and they do strike home.  It is also nice to show others that not only have we come to accept that we have boobs/breast but we like to share both our development process of acceptance and our fun in sharing our everyday stories of our  progress and photos of our new bras. 

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
In recent months I have sometimes had problems signing in.  I get a message that my screen name is not valid or that my password was not entered correctly. a day later I sign in without difficulty.   Please don't tell me I mis-entered the screen name or password, My computer has both memorized and signing in takes only a single key-stroke.  Sometimes it works and sometimes I am effectively locked out. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Busty

I think some members, including myself, are less likely to participate because some members make judgmental posts

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024