Author Topic: Odd thought  (Read 987 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
If this should go somewhere else please move it.

I was just thinking...
How many bearded ladies were actually guys with advanced Gynecomastia? Seems like gyne is far more prevalent in guys than women with facial hair. And where are the historical records of men with breasts? Is this only a recent development? Your thoughts?

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I took a look at historical photos of bearded ladies and I can’t say that they’re very feminine. Fairly masculine really. Kinda supports my thoughts.

Offline Johndoe1

Maybe the circus Bearded Ladies were men, but bearded ladies are a real thing. Where we have too much estrogen and some of us have feminine features, they have too much androgen and have male features. Their beards are our breasts. I suspect they go through many of the same emotional anxieties that we do and some may have a "blue haze" comparable to our "pink haze.". But they seem to handle their hirsutism better than we handle our gynecomastia. I see many women have publicly embraced their facial hair where hardly any men have publicly embraced their breasts in the same way. I suspect it is harder for them since beards are hard to hide compared to breasts. I have a lot of respect for them and what they have to go through knowing how it feels to be a public spectacle and trying be "normal" when clearly that's impossible.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline MarcoB

• Silver Member
I came upon this video a day or two before this topic was started:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z6bL7yReJY
It was easy to find again by going to YouTube.com and entering "woman growing a beard" in YouTube's search bar.  It gave lots of other relevant results too.

Offline davidinno

• Posting Member
This is a very interesting topic.  It reminded me of a story my grandmother told me decades ago about when she was growing up in Illinois (early in the 20th century).  She told me that there was a lady in her town who was a recluse because she had a beard and looked very masculine.  Apparently she was brought up as a girl but acquired male external characteristics as she matured and found it easier to deal with life as a hermit.  I assume she was intersex, back when such a thing was unknown.  This kind of puts our two pointy problems in perspective, I think.  We indeed live in an enlightened age.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024