Author Topic: 4 months puffiness, help me understand this  (Read 707 times)

Offline Eunekiel

So 4 months ago, I had lipo and gland removed, first few weeks it looked really flat but now, you can see by the photos how it looks, very puffy and weird.

When I lie down it is completely flat again so I don't understand what is beneath these areolas. When I touch it it's very soft, like pockets of liquid. It still hurts sometimes. I hate it. I really wouldn't like another surgery, does this have any room for improvement considering it has been 4 months already. I lost hope for perfect results after 6 weeks, but nothing really changed for months and months now. I know everyone says wait for 6, 12 months but I don't think this is going away by itself. Before surgery it was easier to accept these things, but once I had hope for better look and didn't succeed, it became much more heavier on me and honestly pretty depressing lately.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 07:34:28 AM by Eunekiel »

Offline Eunekiel

Are there really no doctors to help out with their opinions? 

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
By four months, you should look better than you do.  Obviously, your first step is to return to your surgeon to discuss the results.  If he feels he can improve the results with revision surgery, then go for it.  Most surgeons will charge minimally (if at all) for a revision of their own work -- but you will probably have to pay for the operating room and anesthesia.

Alternatively, seek a second opinion with an acknowledged gyne expert in your area -- or consider traveling for such expertise.

Good luck!

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Dr. Cruise

• Supporting Doctors
  • Gold Member
  • Dr. Cruise
    • http://lagynecomastia.org/
Thank you for posting about your concerns. I do understand the toll it can take on a person's psyche when you've gone through so much living with gynecomastia. The last thing you want is for your surgery to get rid of it to not go as planned. There is likely some residual swelling, but there could also be some persistent glandular tissue beneath the areolas. It is very important to keep an open line of communication with your surgeon about your concerns. It is much easier for your plastic surgeon to take care of a revision if it comes to that. 

Dr. Cruise
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
2081 San Joaquin Hills Road
Newport Beach, CA 92660
949-644-4808
Before and After Pictures
Types of Gynecomastia

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024