Author Topic: Do you feel more or less conspicuous in a bra?  (Read 5054 times)

Busted (and happy)

Personally I feel much better in myself when bra'd up.
As to being conspicuous to others I am not sure. What I do know is that I'd rather show more and be casually 'smart and well presented' than covert and dressed in oversized tops that  make me feel  more odd in a crowd.
A lot is in the mind
« Last Edit: October 24, 2021, 10:59:52 AM by Busted (and happy) »

Offline blad

With the pattern shirts I wear there is no paranoid feeling that my bra is visible. Perhaps leaning forward with some summer shirts the imprint of the straps may be ever so slightly visible but you have to be truly looking for it to notice.

I also feel my profile looks smoother when wearing a bra and in no way do I think a bra makes my breasts more obvious then they already are.

So with the concern of being spotted in a bra in public reduced to nil and confidence that my presentation in public is possibly even improved, I do not give it a second thought and usually forget I even have a bra on. I am much more aware of the lack of control and support on those rare occasions I am braless.

I am quite satisfied to put on a bra every morning and go on with my day. I have no negative feelings towards needing a bra and will be content to wear one for the rest of my life. As noted, much of the time I forget I am even wearing one and go out in public with confidence.

It may have seemed like a disaster to develop breasts while in junior school and be under the microscope of other students and their continuous "advice" that I needed a bra. (Further exacerbated by having to frequently go topless in front of the class during gym "skins" teams). But in university and beyond that microscope subsided. Even in school I realized that I was more comfortable wearing a bra and that some how a bra made me more accepting of my breast growth. Once out of school I felt much more free to increasingly wear one daily and have been very satisfied to do so.

Having breasts is not the end of the world, (maybe it is in school), and a bra seems to work quite well in keeping everything in place like it does for a women. It is easy to put one on in the morning and just forget about it.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2021, 12:01:57 PM by blad »
If the bra fits, wear it.

Guywithgirls

I feel like my breasts are much more obvious when I'm not wearing a bra, but if my shirt is clingy or more fitted, it is obvious that I'm wearing a bra with the very rounded shaped breasts a bra gives. I'm a little paranoid about people noticing I'm wearing a bra, but I'm more paranoid about my unsupported breasts jiggling and feeling like their being torn off my chest especially when going up and down stairs. For me, wearing a bra is the lesser of two evils as it gives me better shape and just plain feels better

Offline Johndoe1

Not at all. I wear all kinds of tops and sometimes it is obvious something is going on underneath but I don't pay any attention any more. The comfort of being supported now outweighs any fear of being noticed.  It's usually women who notice and one look tells the story and they will either pay no attention or smile approvingly. To be honest, I feel more conspicuous when braless and I don't go out of the house without a bra on now. Without a bra on, I feel very exposed and vulnerable. I think it goes back to my teen days when my chest felt defenseless against wandering hands. While a bra can't stop that, at least there is some barrier, even though only cloth, is reassuring.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Orb

I would have to agree.  While wearing most of the time I forget its there.  Consequently I don't know if people are looking or not.  I cant lie there are times a slight glance will remind me then I'm carrying on.

gmast

Bra's are designed to give them a more rounder/feminine shape.  And as some have commented, they also push the side boob to the front.  With more boob in the front in a rounder shape, of course they are more conspicuous.  As to whether wearing one is smart and well presented, that depends on the perception of person viewing.  Most guys don't even notice manboobs, but they might notice a the unusual appearance that the bra gives.

Confused old man

I look and feel less conspicuous wearing a bra. Without a bra my nips, jiggle and bounce are very very noticeable. My wife agrees. The bras I wear round out my boobs, no nips show, unless someone looks really hard at my chest. And takes the bounce away. My wife says it looks like I have great pectoral muscles wearing my bras:)

Orb

True.  Bras shape, contain and limit movement.  That being said some bras make me present loud and proud, so I tend to gravitate to those that shape, can I say flatter and toned down?  With most shirts it is a much better shape than nothing at all.

Offline gyneco_jason

• Bronze Member
This may be a cop-out, but I feel neither more nor less conspicuous in a bra. I don't feel more conspicuous because it's not like my breasts would go away if I went braless. There's no way to hide them. But I don't feel less conspicuous either, unless I'm wearing a minimizer that works well. 
I try not to worry too much about what others think because after the nonstop teasing in high school, I've only had one person comment on my chest in adulthood, and they were supportive. It's 2021, I doubt many people are offended by the idea of men wearing bras. My underwear is my business.

bikerbob

I would have to say I feel less conspicuous with a bra.  I usually wear lightweight pullovers which don't lift and shape the underarm boob and I don't worry a bit about anybody detecting the bra as long as I am careful there is nobody behind me when I bend over.  I haven't been blessed with the volume some of you guys have, but I find the weight of them tugging on my chest uncomfortable (mountain biking without a bra is impossible) so I wear them mainly for comfort.  I usually wear unlined bras so my nipples sometimes show a bit but not to the extent that they would without a bra, mostly because they aren't moving around.  I was wearing an underwire the other day and caught a woman staring at my chest.  I think it adds close to a cup size when I swoop and scoop but I am getting to the point that I don't care.

I was in a store the other day and spotted 2 men with obvious gyno.  One was a large man and somewhat obese.  He had large widely spaced breasts that looked like 2 puppies in a tow sack.  The other was slender with small but feminine looking breasts in the middle of his chest.  In both cases, I spotted the breasts because they were moving.

Busted (and happy)

I wear a bra first and last for comfort but when out and about and seeing men with obvious Gyno.
My instinctive reaction is "I would not want to look like that"

Orb

Busted I agree!  Flopping around like a fish on land isn't attractive.  

Offline blad

It is not attractive to see men with more significant gyno go braless. Too much unsightly movement.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
I’m tossed up as to whether or not I’m “more” conspicuous. I know I feel more put together and comfortable. Think I would get looks either way really.

Offline taxmapper

At first I felt like I was standing out too much. 
But I also use exclusively padded bras unless I am wearing a polo shirt that clings to closely. 

I am letting mine grow out to become more obvious as time progresses but those who know me are not really seeing to much in change with one exception. 

When not wearing them they are actually more noticeable not because they bounce, but because the way they are shaped though smaller poke out in a way that says: 

BOOBS!!! 

Where the padded bra though more obvious AS a bra seems to mix in better.   

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024