Author Topic: Bralessness  (Read 1729 times)

Offline HealthNutHippie

• Posting Member
Greetings, I am new to this forum. I have had gynecomastia since 13, I am skinny though and my breasts are small (32B or 34A). I hated them until I turned 18 then I started to love and accept my breasts. Though I completely accept my breasts, I still feel uncomfortable when I’m shirtless because then I notice people examining my breasts, which are maybe similar to those of a small chested athletic woman who happens to have considerable chest hair! I usually go braless, since my breasts are so small, but occasionally I like to wear a crop top or sports bra to prevent jiggling during higher impact activities, even just driving on a bumpy road.

I have met many women with full breasts who are into bralessness.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bralessness

When I was reading about bralessness and why women are going braless I read that these people believe that going braless (with the exception of some high impact activities) actually strengthens the muscles and ligaments that hold the breasts  in an upright and perky position. 

I have also read bra salespeople saying bras prevent saggy breasts.

I tend to side with the braless gals, but I’m young and my breasts are perky anyways.

I would be interested to hear opinions your opinions about small chested and full chested bralessness, and about preventing saggy breasts.

Peace and love to you all.

aboywithgirls

Very interesting. I started wearing a bra when I was 12 and wearing full-time when I was 16. It was my mother who had me do it for modesty reasons. Than as I got older my breasts obviously grew and it became more of an issue of support. By the time I graduated from high school, I was a 36D or DD.

I am now a 36H UK or 36J US sizing in most of my bras. Could I go braless for a day?? Probably. I know that I would be very uncomfortable both physically and mentally. I am also a woman of transgender experience and it's part of the workplace dress code that women will wear a bra at work(and hosiery like pantyhose or tights or stockings while wearing a skirt or dress). I work for a catholic medical system. This is a dress code that I am more than happy to comply with.

I can definitely see the reasoning for not wearing a bra. For me, a bra makes my day and life better. It's a managemennt tool that keeps my Irish under control.

Online blad

Though I completely accept my breasts, I still feel uncomfortable when I’m shirtless because then I notice people examining my breasts, which are maybe similar to those of a small chested athletic woman who happens to have considerable chest hair! I usually go braless, since my breasts are so small, but occasionally I like to wear a crop top or sports bra to prevent jiggling during higher impact activities, even just driving on a bumpy road.
In general, I don't think breasts are for public display no matter who they are on. People will definitely stare at exposed breasts, again no matter who they are on. A bra further enhances modesty and presentation in public, not to also mention the comfort and support issue.
If the bra fits, wear it.

gmast

I read that these people believe that going braless (with the exception of some high impact activities) actually strengthens the muscles and ligaments that hold the breasts  in an upright and perky position.

Those ligaments are know as coopers ligaments.  Men's breasts to not have them.

Offline HealthNutHippie

• Posting Member
Thanks for the responses, ok I was ignorant of the fact that men lack cooper’s ligaments. My breasts are small and so they don’t sag.

That’s good to know, and without cooper’s ligaments, a bra is the only reasonable way to support the breasts.

Offline Johndoe1

I don't if all Men don't have Copper Ligaments. Men who do not have fully developed gynecomastia do not. Not sure how long in process it is before those ligaments develop. That would be an interesting fact to find out.
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Offline HealthNutHippie

• Posting Member
I think an ultrasound would tell you if you have them or not. What matters to me is that insofar as my breasts can support themselves, I don’t feel the “need” to wear a bra. 

aboywithgirls

Generally speaking, you could say that men don't have Cooper's Ligaments. This should be qualified as pseudo gynecomastia which is usually associated with obesity. Fat deposits won't typically stimulate the development of the Cooper's Ligaments.

In the case of true gynecomastia estrogen stimulates the growth in the male body the same as the female body. We all start in the womb as female until the y gene kicks in and makes some of us male. That's why males have nipples. They are just undeveloped breasts. Once estrogen is introduced in a sufficient dosage, all the same equipment is in place and ready to go to work.

In my case, I developed as a preteen. My breasts are no different than a biological woman. This is evidenced by 20 years of mammograms and ultrasounds. My Cooper's Ligaments are alive and well. They are definitely elongated from 3 decades of gravity but, they are still there.

Offline Rich meier

• Gold Member
I think an ultrasound would tell you if you have them or not. What matters to me is that insofar as my breasts can support themselves, I don’t feel the “need” to wear a bra.
U was reading a few years back about some people with an extra chromosone. its called Kline-fetters syndrome. that leads to excess and duplicate genes that can lead to many medical and health conditions. one of them is excessive breast tissue. that might explain why some of you have such large breasts anf at a such a young age which is about the same time that females start developing. there is a test for that, would have to look it up again. maybe this will give you some answers

Offline gotgyne

Thank you HealthNutHippie for this very interesting article about bralessness! I've enjoyed it very much. In my opinion wearing a bra or not is a personal choice. In fact many women, even with larger breasts, stopped bra wearing and would never go back. If I had such small breasts as you I also would prefer not to wear a bra. But with a 40C cup I find it useful to wear one. Then I have a very weak connective tissue which led to varicose veins at a young age, to a sagging belly although I'm not much overweight and an inguinal hernia which required surgery. So my breast tissue is not very firm too. Nevertheless I go braless for two days a week, mostly on weekends.
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Online 42CSurprise!

...In my case, I developed as a preteen. My breasts are no different than a biological woman. This is evidenced by 20 years of mammograms and ultrasounds. My Cooper's Ligaments are alive and well. They are definitely elongated from 3 decades of gravity but, they are still there.
It is vital to remember that most of us have breasts simply because our body carries elevated estrogen and diminished testosterone.  This isn't rocket science my friends.  And estrogen does more that stimulate breast development.  Whether we like it or not, we are feminized by the presence of estrogen in our systems.  Our first challenge as men is to accept that fact even as we accept the fact we have breasts developing on our chests.  Whether we decide to wear brassieres is a different matter all together.  Yes, for some the choice to wear a brassiere depends on health challenges we face... sore back, sensitive nipples.  But not everyone here who advocate for wearing brassieres is faced with those challenges.  Personally, I find it easier to wear a brassiere when I stop resisting the idea that I somehow shouldn't have these breasts on my chest.  I'm willing to accept that estrogen is having its way with me and my body has become feminized .  Yes, it started during adolescence but not to the extent of many men here.  But over time, especially as I've aged, it has come to pass.  The Mayo Clinic lists aging as a "cause" of gynecomastia.  So be it.  I wear a brassiere when at home but rarely when I'm away from home.  I enjoy wearing it and am very fond of the breasts that fill the C cup.  I consider myself non-binary... a man's genitals and woman's breasts.  There is nothing wrong with me... this is simply who I am.  I can wear and appreciate a brassiere for no other reason than I like the experience.  And I can go without a brassiere when that makes sense to me.  To each his own.

Orb

...In my case, I developed as a preteen. My breasts are no different than a biological woman. This is evidenced by 20 years of mammograms and ultrasounds. My Cooper's Ligaments are alive and well. They are definitely elongated from 3 decades of gravity but, they are still there.
It is vital to remember that most of us have breasts simply because our body carries elevated estrogen and diminished testosterone.  This isn't rocket science my friends.  And estrogen does more that stimulate breast development.  Whether we like it or not, we are feminized by the presence of estrogen in our systems.  Our first challenge as men is to accept that fact even as we accept the fact we have breasts developing on our chests.  Whether we decide to wear brassieres is a different matter all together.  Yes, for some the choice to wear a brassiere depends on health challenges we face... sore back, sensitive nipples.  But not everyone here who advocate for wearing brassieres is faced with those challenges.  Personally, I find it easier to wear a brassiere when I stop resisting the idea that I somehow shouldn't have these breasts on my chest.  I'm willing to accept that estrogen is having its way with me and my body has become feminized .  Yes, it started during adolescence but not to the extent of many men here.  But over time, especially as I've aged, it has come to pass.  The Mayo Clinic lists aging as a "cause" of gynecomastia.  So be it.  I wear a brassiere when at home but rarely when I'm away from home.  I enjoy wearing it and am very fond of the breasts that fill the C cup.  I consider myself non-binary... a man's genitals and woman's breasts.  There is nothing wrong with me... this is simply who I am.  I can wear and appreciate a brassiere for no other reason than I like the experience.  And I can go without a brassiere when that makes sense to me.  To each his own.
Exactly!  I to wear as needed.  Activity and social interaction plays a great part in that decision. I will wear to look my best and at times not wear just to feel relaxed, and yet not be out of place.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024