Author Topic: Uk guy - 1st time here and finally accepting…  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Julian_uk

Hello everyone,
                      What a relief to find this website and forum, I can’t believe how many other guys there are out there like me - I have kept everything to myself until now..!

As a teenager I grew breasts, I even got taken to a doctor by my mother who told me it was genuine breast tissue and I probably had a hormone imbalance. Since then I’ve tried to keep them hidden, never taken my top off on a beach and showered at sports events when no one is alone. Naturally at times I’ve had “friendly” comments from people who at times in the summer can see my breasts or nipples poking through a t shirt but I’ve kind of got used to that.

So I was searching around on the web to find out more and here I am, I’m going to be brave and post a photo or two - time I accepted them as part of me and I’d love your thoughts. 

Thank you very much for being here..!

Offline Johndoe1

Welcome. Your story is a very familiar one. One many of us share. You are not alone. You are among us. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

notreallyhere

Welcome! I'm new here myself. Thank you for sharing your story!

Offline blad

The story is the same for me as it is for many here.

I too grew breasts as a teen and had various medical exams to confirm the situation. 

I also had extensive "advice" from fellow students in school that I needed to wear a bra. Ironically, it turned out that they were right. Once I tried a bra there was no turning back. I found that wearing a bra was a combination of comfortable support, actually improved my appearance, and unexpectedly helped me to accept and even like my breasts. I never would have thought that all those comments directed at me to the effect that I needed a bra would have ultimately resulted in me being satisfied about having breasts and containing them with a bra. I would not imagine not wearing one full time.

If the bra fits, wear it.

Offline Julian_uk

Thank you for the reply’s, it’s quite comforting to find out there’s such an understanding and supportive community.

Never worn a bra, have just got used to feeling them bounce and trying to hide them with bigger jumpers etc. 

Offline taxmapper

Everyone is different.    You'll have to hack out your own path obviously, but like everyone else, things happen that drive your decision. No one is right or wrong. 

I took it as a gift, given that i now know what women feel and moreover it changed my looks.  wearing a reg. Polo shirt that allows protrusion is to me now a non sequitur.  personally, I am starting to push them out in public.   

But thats me. 

Offline blad

Thank you for the reply’s, it’s quite comforting to find out there’s such an understanding and supportive community.

Never worn a bra, have just got used to feeling them bounce and trying to hide them with bigger jumpers etc.
I very much dislike the feeling of movement and bouncing, I am constantly reminded of this irritation if braless. This is a significant reason I feel better in a bra. I forget I am wearing a bra 95% of the time, but am very aware of the sensations of being braless. 

For these reasons of personal experience, I recommend that anyone with significant breast development give a bra a try for a reasonable time. Ideally a well fitting bra will give the best evaluation. I think a bra can give an unexpected psychological improvement too.

Orb

I'm glad you found this place.  As you have read everyone has had different life experiences and has led them to make a host of different choices.  No one is right in and on its own.  I have developed later and wear a bra for support a lot of the time but not exclusively.  That being said I find comfort from but understand others not being there and making choices that work for them.  Accepting doesn't mean you have to bra up.  Size and your comfort on all levels will determine that.

Read the older post and you will gain a lot if information.  

aboywithgirls

Hello Jullian 🤗🥰

I was also diagnosed with gynecomastia as when I was 10 or 11. About a year later, my mother's mother made a comment to my mother about my breasts. The next day my mother gave me some of my sister's old bras to try. She didn't "make" me wear them. She offered them to me to see if they would help. When I turned 16, I was big enough that she "strongly suggested " that I started wearing a bra full time. I've been wearing a bra everyday since. 

Beyond my breasts and bras, I am also a woman of transgender experience. I have been living as a woman for over 2 years now. 

This is such an amazing group of people here. They accepted me with gynecomastia and wearing clothing that fit my body better than my assigned gender all the way through my transition to womanhood. I can't say enough about how wonderful these people have been to me. I am sure you will fit in perfectly 🥰. 

Sophie ❤️ 

Offline gotgyne

Hello Julian, welcome to the forum! Acceptance is a good start. If you find the bouncing a problem you might look for a bra. Perhaps at least a sports bra for running, playing tennis, golf or other kinds of sport. Most of us here in the acceptance section wear regular bras as well.
John
A bra is just an article of clothing for people with breasts.

Offline 42CSurprise!

Welcome Julian.  This is the club none of us wanted to join but were glad to find when the shame associated with fleshy chest became too much to carry alone.  Quite of few of us developed fleshy chests as adolescents when hormones began kicking up.  We know what it is like to live with a body that doesn't fit the norm.  Some of us developed breasts later in life when aging met medications that shift the hormone balance in our bodies.  However you choose to work with your bosom, at least you're not doing it alone.  Many of us turned to brassieres... some of us full-time, some of us occasionally.  That too is a personal choice only you can make.  I'm glad you found us.  Sometimes we're serious, and sometimes we play a bit.  There is room for it all.  Self-acceptance is key whether we're talking about breasts or life in general.

Busted (and happy)

Hi and welcome. 
I too was reluctant to join the club but now am very happy to be here and fully accepting and enjoying what's still growing "out front"
We all have to tread our own path but many of us have found wearing a bra common sense routine once the support and comfort has been experienced. 

In my case it was a great bit of advice from my GP. (male) 
So once again welcome from a fellow UK resident. .

Offline gotgyne

Hi Busted (and happy), good you rejoined the forum!
John

Offline Johndoe1

In my case it was a great bit of advice from my GP. (male)
As a female friend told me when I first embarked on my bra journey, it is only cloth and wire and spandex. It isn't magical and doesn't change you, it just make you comfortable. And she has been so right. I am still the same person I was before, but I am more comfortable having my breasts supported and contained in a way that is beneficial to and for them and ultimately, me. You might say, it is a weight lifted off my chest! :D

Offline TikTak

• Posting Member
Hi, I'm looking at your pictures and wondering, what's the big deal?
Where is this gynecomastia?
You look like an average guy, because few guys are flat as a table.
Perhaps You have acquired complexes and exaggerate the problem.
The supposition that a bra could benefit you - in my opinion - makes no physical sense.
Thirty years ago this is more or less what I looked like myself. I also had complexes, I believe that I owe their acquisition primarily to "colleagues" and not to the actual appearance of my chest.
If I may advise based on my experience:
* accept what is, because there is no reason to complain.
* in the current state of affairs from the bras stay away, because it does not look a bit necessary.

Peter

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024