Author Topic: Cost for surgery in Montreal  (Read 5947 times)

Offline EricRice111

Hey everyone, I am new to this board. I want to know if anyone has information on the costs of surgery in the montreal area for someone with gynecomastisia.

Does the healthcare system cover this surgery or do i have to pay out of my pocket.

Please someone help!

Offline goaliesuperstar

• Bronze Member
I would like to know the same thing, i also live in Montreal.

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
if you site search (link at top) at 400 days, here's what you get (can always try more):  

there's a guy named nassif with a strong negative response,
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=1;action=display;num=1057011867;start=5#5

and another, hugo ciaburo, who seems okay,
http://www.gynecomastia.org/cgi-bin/gyne_yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=2;action=display;num=1054823451;start=1#1

can always investigate other provs too if it seems worth it.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
From what i know, it's about 2500$

I had consultation with Dr.gilles frenette

It seems to be average price.

L'assurance maladie ne le couvre pas, à moin de passer par tout un processus avec psy qui évalent le cas et ca peu prendre très longtemps avant de se régler, et habituellement les cas sont rufusés.
Moi j'ai décidé de payer, et prendre un chirurgien qui semblai me convenir.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2005, 08:38:08 PM by frisou »

Offline aloaa

• Posting Member
The cost for a gynecomastia with a private surgeron is 3500$CAD and there is a couple of them around MTL. Now i'm trying to have the surgery with the public RAMQ health plan that we have here in QC. If you want your surgery paid you have to first consult your family doctor and you'll have some blood test and a mammography. After that if the blood test is normal and the mammography shows that isn't only fat he will recommends you to a public surgeon. The surgeon will take pictures and send that to the RAMQ to be approve and after that you wait probably 6 months to get your surgery done in a public hospital for 0$. I hope that my information will help you !

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
Aloa, is there a good probability to be accepted ?

Offline aloaa

• Posting Member
I'll see that when i'll be refered to a surgeon ....I hope so ! but I think that less fat that you have more chance you get.... fat in your gyne....but if I have to wait like....8 months....I think that i'll go with your surgeon cause 2500$CAD is a really good price under the average....I already ask 3-4 places and they all said 3500$...and 2500$ to have a better life that's cheap lol

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
Yes Aloa

And i think he is good, because i used to have a surgery done by him. He did a reconstruction of my uper lip ( i had a bybicle accident) and the results are pretty amazing. As soon as i get the money i will do it with him. don't want to waith 8 months either....

chris

Offline frisou

• Posting Member
By the way, here is his website adress: www.chirugienesthetique.net

Let me know

:)
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 08:56:39 PM by frisou »

Offline aloaa

• Posting Member
Finally i tried to go with my local hospital surgeon and she told me that Quebec Health plan doesn't pay anymore for the gyne and she gived me a good price....2000$ for the surgery....ex+lipo 400$ for hospital and 400$ for the anestesist. My op is on April 19th !!! THat's tooooo hottttt :) i'll be ready for summer :)

Offline tbaby

Hi,

I want to have the same procedure done to me. Can you tell me what hospital and what doctor to ask for? Did the procedure go well???

thanks,

Offline mtl99

• Posting Member
I'm from Montreal but I went to Toronto to see Dr. Fielding since he has an excellent reputation here on the board. I'm very happy with the results so far. It cost me 2400. The reason I went to Toronto was because nobody could recommend anyone here in the city...

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024