Author Topic: Best Pre-Op Vest  (Read 7545 times)

Offline gynaopolis

• Posting Member
What would you guys consider using that would be effective for at least a few months to conceal gyne until the surgery date. Need something that is durable and wll last, yet tight enough to keep it concealed.

Offline nargle

• Posting Member
Depends on how severe your case.  For mild to mild-moderate cases of puffy areola, I would say try some Underarmour shirts.  They're very tight and stretchy and you can get them at a sporting goods store.

DrBermant

What would you guys consider using that would be effective for at least a few months to conceal gyne until the surgery date. Need something that is durable and wll last, yet tight enough to keep it concealed.

Learning from my patients and testing various garments, I prefer the second stage garment seen here. The garment works to different degrees depending on the problem. You can see actual patients with the garment in place.

Male with loose skin and chest drooping after massive weight loss

Male needing significant weight loss

Bodybuilder with gynecomastia planning weight loss

Puffy Nipples needing scar healing before surgery

patient waiting for endocrine stabilization

Extremely obese male

Some patients prefer a white garment, others like the black version. This next link demonstrates the difference between a black or a white garment.  Move your cursor over the small pictures to see the garment in white or black on that patient.

It is rather amazing watching the face of a patient trying on this garment for the first time.  The expression on their faces is quite rewarding.  

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 04:56:45 AM by DrBermant »

Offline gynaopolis

• Posting Member
Where do you buy them?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
Pre surgery, I bought style 998 from Underworks.  Be careful, I've found that they tend to run very small.

Make sure you get a big enough size or it'll be impossible to squeeze into and you'll be sending it back for a larger size.

Post surgery, I used the one that my PS gave me.

Offline Bluesun_Again

• Posting Member
Great post/thread (I would've put a "thumb-up" icon but . . . there isn't any).    :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 10:00:52 AM by Bluesun_Again »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024