Author Topic: The freight train to hell for modern Hip-POP  (Read 5436 times)

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
i have this problem that has been troubling me for a while now. The wiggers (no, i'm not racist against whites, hell, i ain't black either, im mexican) 'round the block play loud crunk party hip-pop shit music every weekend and its usually crap like Lil' Jon and the East Side Boyz or Lil' Scrappy or Jadakiss or Lil' Penis or something.  Then, at school, there are a bunch of kids like 1 or 2 years older than me playing that same sucky shit in their cars, thinking that they are tough just because they listen to shit music with 50 Cent or, oh God it nauseates me, our very own modern day vanilla ice, Eminem! ITs loud and ANNOYING!!!

I believe the trouble with modern day hip-hop is that it generally has too much bling-bling and not enough lyrical value to it. As you can see with Chingy's video Right Thurr,  what the hell does "right thurr" mean? its like a mispronunciation of "right there". And in the video, he portrays his life as bitches and money only, with $100 dollar bills flying all over the place and hot women shaking their asses. What ever happened to the representations of the struggles in the ghetto? these new hip hop artists have completely forgotten their past, and they have taken on the illusion, no, fantasy of driving in your Caddilac Escalade with spinners for rims, playing virtual hoops on like 6 xbox's installed in the car, and "clubbin'" and watching strippers, and going home to a mansion and wasting all your money on disease-ridden prostitutes.

I listen to that "ancient" Wu-Tang Clan stuff, and it gets you pumped up! Just look at my avatar. It's the W. And NWA, and Compton's Most wanted and Run DMC are great artists. Damn, even the Sugarhill gang beats that crunk shit.

Anyone agree with me?

EDIT: oops! i forgot to add this photo!
The image is too big, so here's the link! Woo woo!
http://img24.photobucket.com/albums/v73/itsnotstevecuff/Ice-Cube_-B-Real.jpg
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 07:40:37 PM by Bubby_the_Tour_G »
Fatal Flying Guillotine providing free surgery for people with Gynecomastia, just ask Dr. Ti Tu Fat

Gine2D

Personally, I think Rap Crap music & dress is for losers with poor attitude about themselves & all others.

G

Offline Cuttin Headz

• Silver Member
  • The Person Formerly Known As Bubby_the_Tour_ G
I hope your are talking about TODAY's hip-hop. Because back in the late 80's, fashion wasn't big of a deal for Ice Cube or other old school artists! Those guys were real rappers! Hell, you just turn on MTV today and its shit rap all over the place with P.Diddy and fucking dog shit like that.

P. Diddy, puff daddy, poo panties or whatever the darn his name is nowdays grew up in a Catholic boys-only high school in Harlem. He was getting his Degree in college, but then dropped out and joined the hip hop lifestyle with women, bling bling and other sucky shit like that. Where are the real artists at? There ARE NONE!! WOO WOO!

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
i plead ignorance on most of these artists, but the way i see it, a medium is pretty much a medium, it's the message i listen to, and i never cranked the music up and wore the baggies and pretended to be anything but the geek i was.  

my brother on the other hand... ;)  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline jc71

• Wilma, grab the lotion, we're going to the beach!
i gotta admit, i listened to a lot of that late 80's gangsta rap.  I guess it was my age. I listened to the music, but never dressed the part. Hell, in the late 80's my favorite music was metal and rap.  I guess I was confused. Probably a condition brought on by my gyne.  When in doubt, blame it on the gyne.  ;D

Gine2D

"When in doubt, blame it on the gyne.  "

That works for a great many people, for a while.

Then for some reason they become conservative & face life as it really is, not how they thought it should be.

G

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
ever the last to get the joke  ::)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024