Author Topic: Some puffy nips questions.  (Read 4953 times)

Offline jonny_g

• Posting Member
OK, I have puffy nips an they are BIG. About 2cm out and 3cm wide, bigger than most pics I've seen. I know this happened in puberty and started 2 and a half years ago. I was told that it would go away when puberty ended, but when does it specifically end? I mean, I'm not looking at much of a beard (or any) for another year or so, and I can't put up with this til then. So...

-How much does surgery to remove puffy nips cost?
-I live in Manchester. Where is a nearby place to have the surgery?
-Any risks? Complications?
-Maybe a bit cowardly, but how can I tell my parents I want surgery? I've been putting it off since the summer- I need to but I just find the things sooooo embarassing- I can't even look down in the shower :/

Thanks, jonny.

DrBermant

OK, I have puffy nips an they are BIG. About 2cm out and 3cm wide, bigger than most pics I've seen. I know this happened in puberty and started 2 and a half years ago. I was told that it would go away when puberty ended, but when does it specifically end? I mean, I'm not looking at much of a beard (or any) for another year or so, and I can't put up with this til then. So...

-How much does surgery to remove puffy nips cost?
-I live in Manchester. Where is a nearby place to have the surgery?
-Any risks? Complications?
-Maybe a bit cowardly, but how can I tell my parents I want surgery? I've been putting it off since the summer- I need to but I just find the things sooooo embarassing- I can't even look down in the shower :/

Thanks, jonny.

"Puffy Nipples" is a common public term for gynecomastia. 

The problem is the the term puffy nipples is a phrase that mean so many different things to so many different people.  Words just do not convey the actual problem very well - images do a little better, but still are not the same as an actual in office evaluation with your doctor.

Putting up pictures (using standard views before and after surgery) is one way to discuss what the problem was before surgery and what has happened.   Options depend on what is really going on.

In response to the many requests for new resources for those trying to show others what it is like living with gynecomastia, I have added a new resource.  Many have told me that they had difficulty telling parents, brothers, sisters, family, wives, and friends what it was like having male breasts.  Here is a video tool.

Here is video of a patient discussing the stress and emotions dealing with gynecomastia and the relief after surgery.  Posting words has value, but this discussion by my patient is very intense.  The 13 minutes 14 seconds video with audio (or audio alone clips) are before and after massive gland removal and breast lift (male mastopexy for drooping chest).  I used larger video files because there was such expressiveness in his body language.  For those wanting to use smaller files, there are audio only versions.  QuickTime and Windows Media Video versions are posted.

Here is the link to the new videos.  The after surgery images are only 5 days and 11 days after surgery and there was much redundant skin. 
Any comments, feedback, and or any problems with hearing or seeing the video / audio would be appreciated.

Emotions of those with gynecomastia are important.  The expressiveness of listening and viewing is just more powerful than just reading words.  I plan to expand the material once I learn if the format is working well.  This is something my patients have been asking for to help deal with parents, wives, friends who just do not understand.

Presenting video audio information across multiple platforms can be difficult at best.  Longer video can take time to download over slower connections, that is why audio only versions are posted.  If there are any problems, please state what computer, operating system, media software version and other details that will help make this better for the public.

Thank you for any help,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia and Chest Sculpture

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024