Author Topic: Liquid build up 48 hours post op  (Read 2135 times)

Offline JD07

• Posting Member
Hello all,

I am 48 hours post op after my op with Dr. Karidis, the results are pretty special and I feel great and am in no pain what soever. What I have noticed this morning is a build up of liquid that if i run my fingers over i can hear squishing around. The out of hours nurse said this is normal behaviour and just to keep an eye on it and to check its not swelling too much on one side. Has or did anyone else have this liquid squishy build up after their op? They told me that any excess ooze will pass through the incisions but as of yet nothing has come out and the plasters are as white as they where when i put them on yesteday morning. Does this liquid just disperse into my body of its own accord?

I only have that concern, my op and results look really good so far, im wearing a t shirt i bought 2 years ago that i could never wear, it feels so good!!

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
Hi JD07,
I also had the same feeling (actually i thought that they were air bubbles :)) 2 days after my surgery.  i am one week postop now and i dont have that feeling anymore. 

Offline JD07

• Posting Member
Hey,

Cheers for your reply. Most of this liquid and air seems to have gone now, my right side is more swollen than the left. Did you have any swelling on one side more than the other?

Offline skv001

• Posting Member
Nope.....but from the other posts, it looks like it is also normal during the first few weeks.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024