Author Topic: Dr Bermant  (Read 3594 times)

firstpost

Hey guys -

I just wanted to post and share my experience ...

First off, I have had gyne since I was probably around 12.  The earliest experience that I can remember was fifth grade basketball - shirts and skins really isn't much fun for a chubby kid with gyne.  As I grew older, I continued to play sports and was in pretty good shape, physically.  It didn't matter though, because no matter how much I ran, lifted, etc. the gyne was still there. 

Basically, from ages 12 - 23 I hid (as best I could) my chest.  I put more effort/thought into hiding my chest than any other activity.  It consumed me.  I have many friends, but always made the extra effort to avoid any situations that would be uncomfortable.  So, in effect, I withdrew myself socially to some extent.  Needless to say - it has been a rough ride.

Which brings me to my surgery experience with Dr. Bermant.  The man is a total professional; I'm eight days into recovery and things look great (but I don't want to jinx myself) ;)  I've read this forum over the last couple of years, tried the quick fix (Nolvadex, Tamoxifin (sp?), etc.) but the only solution for me was surgery.  Fortunately, I have great parents who were with me through the whole ordeal.  They are the only two people in the world who know I had the surgery, and I plan on keeping it that way.  I was in VA on Wednesday for the Pre-Op, had surgery on Thursday, and was sent home Friday.  The surgery really is easy, and I'm an incredibly anxious person - so the anxiety leading up to the surgery was the toughest part. 

I guess this post is just my way of thanking Dr. Bermant and his staff for their great work - and kind hospitality.  Anyone thinking about surgery, that has the means to get surgery, should most definately give Dr. Bermant some thought.  In my case, I drove about 700 miles to see him - and am extremely glad I did. 

cody sockeye

Congratulations!

Offline mmaman

• Silver Member
What was the total cost?

Offline darth_kid

• Posting Member
Yeah, how much did the whole thing come out to?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024