Author Topic: 9 months post op here  (Read 2429 times)

Offline nomore-jiggles

• Posting Member
I'm just curious if anyone else has had this happen to them.  I'm 9 months post op.  I know I haven't reached the 1 year mark yet, so I know there's still some on/off swelling happenning.  But I still feel like I have gynecomastia when I'm walking.  I wear a tank top (those wife beaters) which I never had the guts to wear before.  It feels like I have gyne when I wear it, but when I look at myself in the mirror, I can't see it.  Is this just years of obsessing over it?  When I look down it looks like I have gyne, but in the mirror it looks fine. from the side it looks fine, it looks normal.  My left side is slightly bigger than the right side. I'm still hoping that will go away, but other than that it still looks better than it did pre-op.   I guess what I'm trying to ask is if there is anyone else who experienced this? 

Offline gemidude

• Bronze Member
when i look down my chest looks bigger also, in the mirror from the side it looks better, also when my shoulders are back my chest looks flatter, so yes i've experienced this.

Offline princerockzz

• Bronze Member
same thing with me now at nine months post op !! now you have passed the 1 year mark !! updates please ? thank you !

Offline acs28

you are not alone brother. i just had surgery a few weeks ago and my chest is as flat as a board (an amazing feeling). at this juncture i'm obsessed with looking at them from every possible angle and one thing that bothers me when i take off my vest and look down at them--it still feels like they're huge. this is with minimal swelling. but i look at them in the mirror and there's not a single sign of gyno. even with the vest off and a tight t-shirt on, i'm very flat.

my point is it's all in your head my friend. our minds play tricks on us and when it comes to our self image we are our biggest critic. this is why disorders like anorexia are such a big problem. combine that with the fact that you've been living with this problem for several years and it's going to take some time for you to wrap your mind around the fact that you are finally free.

give it some time and things will come around.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024