Author Topic: My surgery experience… Fantastic results!!  (Read 6311 times)

Offline maloo

• Posting Member
Heres a little update of my surgery experience.

Had surgery on the 5th of sep and was very scared (as I posted before)

2 days post op the big bandage was removed and the results were already showing…. My chest didn’t have lumps any more and I could gently feel my new contoured chest…. There was slight bruising as expected (yellow around my chest).. stiches were still in of course and the surgeon put on this waterproof tape over the nipples…. I could now shower…. Furthermore I drove to the surgeons room on this day and was amazed at the ease I was moving around…

11 days post op stiches were removed but I still had to put on that water proof tape for a few more days…. Bruising completely gone ….. chest area still feeling a bit tender

15days post op (today)… I removed the water tape and was amazed at the result… the scar is almost invisible…. You can only see a slight scar when you are up very close to  my chest and even then you have to squint to see it….   I still can’t believe my eyes.

The healing is still ongoing as my chest feels a bit tender in some places….

I highly recommend my surgeon…. She’s in Melbourne and her name is Sue Thistlethwaite … 

I don’t know what the hell I was so scared about… I’m hoping that a month or two from now the scars (or should I say surface scratch) will be virtually invisible.

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member
hey mate, can i see some pics,, im from brissy and i would gladley flie down to melb to get a dedent result.

Offline maloo

• Posting Member
ill try get you some photos....

i checked out one of your other posts and saw your pics....

mine was very similar to yours

i'm very lean and just had lumps behind my nipples...

trust me my surgeon is great... i went to 4 different surgeons in melbourne and choose her to cut those horrible things out...

http://www.suethistlethwaite.com/index.html

any more questions just ask me

ow and ill try get some before shoots as well....if i can find any

Offline GAW

• Posting Member
I went an spoke to Sue Thistlethwaite yesterday and she was great. She knew exactly what to say and totally contradicted my 'first opinion' surgeon. He was only recommending lipo, which didn't make sense to me, Sue has recommended surgery and perhaps lipo if required.

Thanks for the recommendation Maloo.

Offline cky2k

• Bronze Member
got any pics? would really apreciate, i need to make a decision, cant just yet, cause everyone that brags about there surgeon dosnt post picks up, Thanks for the help mate.

Offline raymond21

• Posting Member
how much did it cost ? and got any pics!

Offline GAW

• Posting Member
I had my surgery October 24 with Sue Thistlethwaite and was amazed at how quickly things were healing. There was quite a bit of swelling though. I've now had each of the bandages removed, including the waterproof ones and can now tell that my right side will be a great result. The left side which I'm told required a lot more work still has some swelling and has me a touch nervous.

However, Sue doesn't seem concerned as is confident that they will both reduce to the level I want them to be. Considering the advice I was getting before I met Sue, I can only imagine the result I would have had if I didn't discover Maloo's comments on this website.

Offline latediagnosis

• Silver Member
hello GAW, i have my initial consultation with sue on the 13th of december.. im wondering how long did it take from the initial consultation to actually get the surgery?

Offline boh

• Posting Member
im having a problem making an appointment to see dr Sue her waiting list is massive. did you guys have the same issue?

Offline GAW

• Posting Member
To answer both questions -

I had about a 4 week wait between the consultation and the surgery and that was only because I was going overseas during that time. I had the op the day after I returned. Sue was really accomodating.

I did have a wait for the initial consultation as she is obviously pretty popular, but I would recommend waiting to see her, she's worth it. I would also recommend you see another surgeon also, just to give you peace of mind with the procedure and the costs. Sue was fantastic in both areas.

Best of luck guys, my swelling is almost entirely gone now and I'm very pleased with the results.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024