Author Topic: do i need to get scar cream?  (Read 1958 times)

Offline Ali19

• Silver Member
im 24 days post op and have scar on the bottom half of my nipples, feels different than a nipple should.

and i can get the cream from my surgeon's office, right? they were also the ones that i bought the garment from.

Offline work in progress

• Posting Member
My Dr. asked me to begin applying Mederma or Vitamin E oil beginning at 2 weeks post-surgery. In the U.S. these are available at most drugstores and supermarket pharmacy sections.

Offline maszap

• Posting Member
You might think my advice isn't valuable as I have an account here for so long yet so little posts but that's because I have now started saving up money for my gyno op = I will contribute to the forum more often.

Anyways, I have had an operation at the age of 4 which left me with a big scar on my arm. After 11 years of no treatment for the scar I have been advised to use a cream called "contractubex" which ( i believe) you can buy everywhere in the world. I haven't had any other experiences with different creams but my scar has healed 90% since I have started using the cream. It's actually a gel not cream.

I have been using it for 2 years but not constantly ( used it for a week then stopped for 3 months then used for a month, stopped using for a couple of months) mainly because I wasn't bothered to put the gel on however when I do have my gyno op (next summer) the first thing I'll do after the bruises heal is go and buy 2-3 packs of contractubex.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024