Author Topic: Wingman's Surgery w/Levick, Pictures Pre, Post and Of Surgery - One year later  (Read 43196 times)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Thanks Donut, appreciated fella.

As promised, a little update for everyone with my progress.

Day 209 (7 months)

Things are going exceptionally well at the moment. My chest continues to improve, despite my lack of exercise (I am trying to get back into the swing of things). I've had a few conversations with different members of the board, some of whom have had surgery and some of which are considering surgery and have sought my advice. It's good to know people have found this forum and are able to question existing members regarding what to expect on the big day and afterwards.

Since my join date I have noticed this forum gain popularity as a whole and for that I am genuinely happy. The coming together and finding out that you're not alone is a liberating experience to many sufferers of gynecomastia.

I am still eating well for the most part and try to exercise when I can, I have very recently changed jobs and moved to a new company, and as I am still a day time desk warrior, it's not always easy to get motivated outside of work. Irrespective of this there isn't a day that goes by where I don't check myself over and reassure myself the surgery actually happened, and similarly, not a day that goes by where I am not thankful for it. Because I am. It genuinely changed my life, and continues to do so. The physicality basis is just one aspect of it - as my post op friends know all so well - but the mental aspect is also entirely overwhelming (in a positive way).

As it stands there's really not much to say other than going back over old ground, but that's no bad thing. I'm waiting to get a few photos from Dr Levick of my surgery, then I'm going to throw up a blog and pull all of the information I can regarding my personal surgery experience and detail there in a more concise format. I may call upon others for support with this (e.g. sharing pre and post photos etc, I will contact you and ask permission in advance of course). My ultimate goal is to make Gynecomastia recognised, and not just on 'Embarrassing Bodies' where, although their intentions are bona fide, do not actually make the condition anymore understandable.

As always, I will try to update when I can and wish everyone the best who is going into surgery shortly. All will be well, whatever path you choose.

Any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Be well!

Follow my Twitter: www.twitter.com/wingman0401

Offline mike93

• Bronze Member
Thanks Donut, appreciated fella.

As promised, a little update for everyone with my progress.

Day 209 (7 months)

Things are going exceptionally well at the moment. My chest continues to improve, despite my lack of exercise (I am trying to get back into the swing of things). I've had a few conversations with different members of the board, some of whom have had surgery and some of which are considering surgery and have sought my advice. It's good to know people have found this forum and are able to question existing members regarding what to expect on the big day and afterwards.

Since my join date I have noticed this forum gain popularity as a whole and for that I am genuinely happy. The coming together and finding out that you're not alone is a liberating experience to many sufferers of gynecomastia.

I am still eating well for the most part and try to exercise when I can, I have very recently changed jobs and moved to a new company, and as I am still a day time desk warrior, it's not always easy to get motivated outside of work. Irrespective of this there isn't a day that goes by where I don't check myself over and reassure myself the surgery actually happened, and similarly, not a day that goes by where I am not thankful for it. Because I am. It genuinely changed my life, and continues to do so. The physicality basis is just one aspect of it - as my post op friends know all so well - but the mental aspect is also entirely overwhelming (in a positive way).

As it stands there's really not much to say other than going back over old ground, but that's no bad thing. I'm waiting to get a few photos from Dr Levick of my surgery, then I'm going to throw up a blog and pull all of the information I can regarding my personal surgery experience and detail there in a more concise format. I may call upon others for support with this (e.g. sharing pre and post photos etc, I will contact you and ask permission in advance of course). My ultimate goal is to make Gynecomastia recognised, and not just on 'Embarrassing Bodies' where, although their intentions are bona fide, do not actually make the condition anymore understandable.

As always, I will try to update when I can and wish everyone the best who is going into surgery shortly. All will be well, whatever path you choose.

Any questions feel free to send me a PM.

Be well!

I'm glad to see everything's still going well. The blog idea sounds great and I wish you the best of luck with it. I think a lot of people are scared to take the plunge and pay for private surgery but we know from both our experiences how much the surgery can change your life. The only reason I decided to have the surgery was after seeing results from other peoples surgery (including yours). It would be great to have a proper source of information regarding gynocomastia surgery in the UK rather than pages and pages of forum posts. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Offline darkstar

• Silver Member
Good to hear Wingman, think we've had very similar journeys :)

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Thanks d'star, agreed, I think we have all had a similar experience!

I'm glad to see everything's still going well. The blog idea sounds great and I wish you the best of luck with it. I think a lot of people are scared to take the plunge and pay for private surgery but we know from both our experiences how much the surgery can change your life. The only reason I decided to have the surgery was after seeing results from other peoples surgery (including yours). It would be great to have a proper source of information regarding gynocomastia surgery in the UK rather than pages and pages of forum posts. I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Cheers Mike :)
That's exactly what I'm trying to achieve, an all inclusive guide to how to go about getting the surgery and what to expect, all in one place, detailing as much of the journey as I can. I would encourage others to follow suit if they are able to. The more exposure we can get to the issue the better.

I will keep everyone posted with regards to the progress, I am going to start writing the blog tonight. It's going to be one long haul of a write up. 

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member
Sounds like a great idea, Quality results as well. Cant wait till i can get mine done!!!

Offline sjwsjw

• Gold Member
Looking good mate  :)

Nearly at the 6 month stage myself

On the last week of 6 weeks of weight training which is feeling good, got a rip program for the 4 weeks after, i have gained a little extra fat from my bulk but will be interesting to see closer where i am after the rip.

Your armpit area looks better have you done anything to improve it or has it just been the passing of time?

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Wingman, any updates?!

Just a quick one, went for my 11 month post op with Dr Levick today, I just wanted to ensure I got to see him within the year to address some of my minor concerns.

I was happy to see the man himself again after almost a year. He was his old cheery self as always, which as before, made me feel right at home. Luckily for me, Levick is just down the road, so it's nice and easy to get to.

I took my girlfriend today, she came in to the room and everything, Levick really made her feel welcome. I'm glad that she was there, it's much better having someone else with you to bounce ideas back off afterwards. Having said that, I understand the appeal of those that go at it alone, too.

Anyway, overall I am very, very pleased with my surgery but as all my pictures indicate, there's some slight dipping and nipple creasing above the nipple and below the pectoral muscle. I've heard this is a common issue and most people's naturally correct, however mine hasn't entirely. So today Dr Levick diagnosed this as scar tissue, which we both agreed we could feel, and he injected Kenalog (a good steroid, made from the same chemicals naturally created in the body, named Kenalog intra-articular/intramuscular injection (triamcinolone)) into the scar tissue there and then.

My chest has swollen a little but will begin to gradually work it's way down again over the coming weeks, so my fingers are crossed for a flatter result.

I do not wish to discourage anyone from the surgery, as I am happy with my results overall and wouldn't change anything for the world. However, having said that, I am in a position where I might be able to improve the results even further, so I'm going to take that opportunity in my stride.

I'll be calling Dr Levick in a months time with the results and consider more Kenalog if necessary.

As always if anyone has any questions or would like any further pictures, do not hesitate to contact me here or by direct message, as some individuals have.

Stay well, all. And good luck to anyone shortly going for their surgery.

Offline Donut

• Gold Member
I'm guessing this has been the best summer of your adult life?

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
I'm guessing this has been the best summer of your adult life?

Haha, I would be lying if I said yes, but it's certainly up there ;)

Little update now. I've had a forum member contact me, wishing to see pictures of my chest, post steroid shot. Unfortunately, even though I can feel that the scar tissue has reduced, it's difficult to capture this on camera, and I'm still not 100% with the "final" results of my chest.

Hopefully you'll be able to see where my nipple is creased under my pectoral muscle, however this has been improving since the shot, and I trust it will continue to improve. Another shot of steroids will be coming if the results aren't what I want later next month, Levick has confirmed.

Thoughts, musings and opinions are welcome, and as always, feel free to shoot me up a message if you want to chat.

Offline Myers

• Bronze Member

Offline Gammy

• Bronze Member

Offline wingman

• Silver Member
    • My Twitter
Okay, so exactly 3 weeks and one day since the steroid shots and I can honestly say there's only been a subtle difference which I feel is only noticeable in person.

I have booked an appointment to see Mr Levick in early October to discuss further options. I think another dose of shots will be recommended, which of course I will go with if Levick suggests this route, and then if that doesn't give me the desired results, I will request fat grafting to sculpt the chest. His secretary has advised that free revision surgery will still be available even though it is been more than a year.

I think Levick was cautious with the first dose of steroids, I have heard that this is the best approach as it's the old "you can always give more but you can't take away" saying.

There's not really much I can say right now, I'm still very happy to be free of Gynecomastia but I'm not 100% happy with the final results, one year later. It's an emotional struggle as much as it is a physical one.

For anyone who has recently gone through surgery or is still thinking about getting the surgery done, please don't let my thoughts or pictures put you off. We all recover in different ways, and my way just seems to have left more scar tissue than desired. I trust this will get fixed through Mr Levick as the man is exceptionally talented in the field.

I'll let the photos do the talking. What do you guys think? Any improvement? I can't see it myself.

I am tensing here. Here is where you can see it at its worst;

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024