Author Topic: Urgent help needed!  (Read 2275 times)

Offline pumpkin67

Hi everyone,
                This is Surat from India(Hyderabad). I have been suffering from gynecomastia from the age of 15(now I'm 29). My question is how to identify whether I have fat or gland under the chest?
I approached two doctors one said that he will perform mastectomy and the other will be going for liposuction?But none of them were sure whether I have fat or gland or both.
Is liposuction  meant to remove only the fat or can both(fat and gland) be removed by liposuction? What will be done in mastectomy? What are the differences between mastectomy and liposction?

Please reply on urgent priority as I'm planning to undergo surgery next week.

Thanks a million,
Surat.

Offline sawyer

• Silver Member
dont rush into surgery, make sure you've chosen an experienced doctor that you feel confident with.. and judging by your post, they both sound pretty useless.
liposuction will only remove fat, not the gland, so if you do have gyne, you'll be disappointed.
you could post some pictures from different angles, and see what people here think.

are you paying privately for your surgery?

Offline pumpkin67

@sawer...Thank you. Yes, I'm paying privately for my surgery. Both of them are saying that it would cost around 55k($1224.12). Will post my pics soon.

Does anyone have any idea about any experienced(famous) doctors on this issue in Hyderabad(India)? Please help me friends.

Thanks a billion,
Surat.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
Are these general surgeons or plastic surgeons that you've consulted with?
If they don't have much experience with gynecomastia I would find one that does and at least consult with him/her and get a really good diagnosis before proceeding to surgery.

Offline hatemymoobs

• Silver Member
My question is how to identify whether I have fat or gland under the chest?

I'm also curious about this... my doctor (general doctor) said it isn't gynecomastia, and that he didn't feel a gland or breast tissue.

Offline looseSHIRT

• Silver Member
There's a lot of surgeons posted in the Asia area. better check them out first.. go for an experienced surgeon so wouldnt waste time and money.. Goodluck

Offline mystery1234

hii...lipo is only to remove fat...and if u hav gland like stuff beneath u r nipple u hav go for excision(a small cut) will b made and that tissue will be removed and after tis the tissue will never grow again but there is a chance of forming fat on the chest area thts it

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024