Author Topic: Need advice  (Read 8020 times)

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
I will be doing surgery with Dr. Feilding in May, I reside in Montreal. I live with my parents.
As I had mentionned in another thread, I will be keeping this a secret from anyone.
I plan to find en excuse to leave town for a couple of days, Ill be booking a week of vacation at work.

I would like to know, how many days in total will I have to stay in Toronto to be able to look "normal" when I get back to Montreal ? I was thinking something like 3 days. Would that be enough ?

I am also not sure of what excuse I will give to my parents to leave town for a couple of days...you guys have any ideas ? What excuse would you give ?

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
Honestly, you can not hide from your parents. I had surgery and it took me almost 2 weeks to fully recover. Keep in mind that everyone heal different. But atleast for a week, you can not take shower. And you have bandage on your cheast. Which sometime drain and those things I think you can not hide from your parents at least for few days (I would say 4-5). Once your bandgae and pads are out (which usally take 5-7 days) you will look like normal. Before than everyone will notice that you have something on your cheast. Also, you have selected wrong time, summer, so you cann't even wear a sweater to hide it. So be careful. I would say, you should tell your parents atleast.

Good Luck.
Surgery done on Sept 6th, 2006 with Dr. Fielding - Toronto. Not 100% cured but will get there for sure !!!
----------------------------------------------------

Revision done on December 7th, 2007. Let's hope for best !!!
-------------------------------------------

Dr. Fielding
Suite #401, 2425 Bloor Street West, Toronto

Tel: 416.766.88

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
Thanks for the reply.

I did not take the bandage into consideration, but  wearing a sweater type thing for a couple of days won't be a big deal I think...hopefully the weather is not too hot. Honestly, I really don't want to tell anyone about this. And it's not that my parents won't support my decision or anything like that. It's just something I have decided for many reasons, my ego being a huge part of it. Besides, I have suffered in silence so long, I want to get this procedure done in silence aswell.

The hiding thing from my whole family will be one of the main things I will discuss with Fielding, my consulation is monday and I have already made my flight arrangements. I will keep you guys posted on his input.

Offline Give me Life

• Gold Member
I think you will need atleast one person in hospital with you after surgery. Just heads up.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
That's impossible. I will be alone. What happens if no one is there with me ? Could I be prevented from having the surgery just because of that ?

Offline G-Man99

• Silver Member
That's impossible. I will be alone. What happens if no one is there with me ? Could I be prevented from having the surgery just because of that ?

I didn't have anyone with me (I had surgery with Fielding) and I had to spend the night (wednesday) in the hospital, they released me on the morning went to an hotel for the night and then met with Fielding on the friday morning. Then I went to the train station and got back to Quebec.

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
I had my consultation with Fielding yeterday. I got there late, as my flight from Montreal to Toronto was delayed. But I had advised Leslie in advance.

I spent about 500$ just for the consultation. 300$ for ticket, 100$ for consulatation fee and 100$ for cab.

Overall it was a great consultation, Feilding was supportive of my decision of not letting anyone know.

The surgery is planned for may, I just need to get the confirmation from my work as to when I can have my week vacation and then book surgery during that same week.

The total price for surgery : 2750$

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
AOD...

Congrats dude!  I hope you get the results you are looking for....

I spent about 500$ just for the consultation. 300$ for ticket, 100$ for consulatation fee and 100$ for cab.

If you have a valid Ontario health card, the $100 consult fee is paid by O.H.I.P.  AOD is from Quebec.

GB
Surgery: February 16, 2005. - Toronto, Ontario Canada.
Surgeon: Dr. John Craig Fielding   M.D.   F.R.C.S. (C) (416.766.8890)
Pre-Op/Post-Op Pics

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
The date has been confirmed. I was able to take 4 days off of work, from the 22nd of April until the 25th.

Surgery has been booked for April 23rd.

I was wondering if anyone knows how flexible Fielding/Leslie can be in terms of payments. I was told to have the funds ready 5 business days before the surgery date. However, from the 2750$ it's going to cost me, I will have about 2000$. For the remaining 750$, do you guys think they will accept for me to pay in beginning of may ?

Offline Grandpa Bambu

• 31 Year Gynecomastia Victim...
Surgery has been booked for April 23rd.

Congrats dude!

I was wondering if anyone knows how flexible Fielding/Leslie can be in terms of payments. I was told to have the funds ready 5 business days before the surgery date. However, from the 2750$ it's going to cost me, I will have about 2000$. For the remaining 750$, do you guys think they will accept for me to pay in beginning of may ?

The only way to find out is to give the doc a call. You should have discussed this with him during your consult...  They may say to finance the $750. That way they are guaranteed getting paid in full...

GB

Offline Traicy

• Posting Member

I didn't have anyone with me (I had surgery with Fielding) and I had to spend the night (wednesday) in the hospital, they released me on the morning went to an hotel for the night and then met with Fielding on the friday morning. Then I went to the train station and got back to Quebec.

was it not necessary for you to go back and see the doctor again?

Offline Traicy

• Posting Member
I am also not sure of what excuse I will give to my parents to leave town for a couple of days...you guys have any ideas ? What excuse would you give ?

I could help with the lying part

Tell them you met a girl on Internet and you two have decided to stay with each other for a while, when you come back, tell everyone that YOU didn't like her, and you found yourself another woman while you were in Toronto, this is especially good because you can tell them you were having sex and that's why you didn't answer their calls.

Going to a concert, attending a protest, visiting a gallery and being invited to a conference are also a good ideas, but I like the previous one better!

If anyone saw you with bandage around your chest, tell them I was stabbed by a thug when I was defending a woman whom he was trying to rob, that will make them think you are superman, Or just tell them you had backache because of lifting something heavy up and you wanna keep your back warm!

Offline Angel_of_Death

• Silver Member
I have already found the excuse and initiated the whole process. I hope I will be able to keep up with it post-op.

I basically told my parents I had a training related to work in Toronto, and had to leave work for a couple of days. They bought it. They know I'm leaving town on Tuesday and coming back on Thursday.

Now the main challenge will be to hide the vest, bandages ect...

It won't be easy as I live with my parents.

Offline scope

• Posting Member
I'll be honest, going in to surgery I really didn't want to tell my parents about it, or let alone the friend who picked me up. However, I did know that I had to do something so I just opted to tell my friend an excuse to pick me up.

After the surgery I did feel pain but the compression vest was not noticeable to my friend as I was wearing a sweatshirt. When I came back home I felt weak and could not move my arms much without feeling some pain. I didn't take the Tylenol with codeine or any pain drug for that matter. In the end, my parents did not notice... they probably thought I lost more weight, even though I was pretty skinny.

Hiding the best and bandages won't be hard -- the part of you not having something that sticks out of your chest will. I can't really think of much but you could tell your parents that you're hitting the gym this week and if they ask about it just tell them that you trained very hard and lost a lot of weight.

Offline Traicy

• Posting Member
I have already found the excuse and initiated the whole process. I hope I will be able to keep up with it post-op.

I basically told my parents I had a training related to work in Toronto, and had to leave work for a couple of days. They bought it. They know I'm leaving town on Tuesday and coming back on Thursday.

Now the main challenge will be to hide the vest, bandages ect...

It won't be easy as I live with my parents.

just out of curiously, how did you manage to get a surgery appointment without ever seeing your surgeon? or have you visited him in Toronto before?
And how much did it cost you? Does your provincial insurance cover it or not?

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024