Author Topic: when's the right age?  (Read 3101 times)

Offline aguywithproblems

• Posting Member
I've had these puffy nipples since i was 11 or 12 and i have no idea when they are going to go away. i am 17 as of right now, and i have not seen a huge improvement since i was 11. should i just get surgery? or wait it out?

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
In a nutshell, if you have had them for six years and they haven't improved, then in all likelihood they will not improve in the future.

Would recommend you consult a surgeon with experience in gyne surgery -- in fact, since this is elective surgery, visit several doctors and then decide.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

DrBermant

I've had these puffy nipples since i was 11 or 12 and i have no idea when they are going to go away. i am 17 as of right now, and i have not seen a huge improvement since i was 11. should i just get surgery? or wait it out?

I have operated on many patients much younger than 17 for their gynecomastia.

How old before Gynecomastia Surgery is a common question. Although gynecomastia frequently goes away on its own, what has not resolved by 2 years usually does not.  Waiting many years for nothing to happen makes little sense when an individual is stressed by the Emotion of Living with Gynecomastia.  You can see many examples here: Photos Before and After Surgery of Teenagers with Gynecomastia Gallery.

Hope this helps,

Michael Bermant, MD
Learn More About Gynecomastia Surgery

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
I have operated on many adolescent patients, from age 12 and up.  They are among the happiest of my patients.

Would suggest you have a frank discussion with your parents and then consult one or more plastic surgeons who are very experienced in gyne surgery.

Dr Jacobs

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024