Author Topic: 2008 Presidential Race  (Read 21787 times)

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
yes the tyranny of the majority.
So it is okay for states to abridge rights but not the federal government.
a majority can be tyrannical no matter what level of government you pick, that's no protection at all.  remember the bushies were trying to push for a federal constitutional amendment defining marriage, i assume you didn't like that any better, especially with the current packed supreme court.  you have much better odds with a libertarian, who would be more likely to say let the churches define marriage for themselves, the government simply recognizes civil unions as a matter of law.  i'm still going with obama, but paul would have been better from a rights standpoint and still the better in comparison with john mcbush. 

Of course I think our spending priorities could and should be much better and I think taxes should be much fairer. I simply have no trust in Paul to do that.
i have, i just think it's a shame he's unlikely to get the chance.  he's pointed out we could fund the federal government at 90's levels and still get rid of the irs entirely.  his argument is, correctly, that the government actually has no constitutional right to tax your labor, they first started it only on the highest income bracket, then made it a "temporary" wartime measure in ww II, then the dependency of congress on the pork process for self-perpetuation in office is what made the illegal thing permanent and assumed normal and legal.  and you probably couldn't fund a huge vaterland security bureaucracy to steal your civil liberties in the name of "security" if we didn't let them get away with that tax fraud.  i'm starting to finally believe the stories that they want the dollar to collapse in order to speed the transition to the north american union and the amero (it exists, they've already started minting/printing/planning for it, look it up, they're just not going to tell you they're undermining the legal strictures of the republic on this or any other part of their north american union plans.  the canadians know more about it than we do, the nafta superhighway etc). 

i trust paul more than obama because paul would undermine the illegal structures of the fed (national bank in private hands printing up wealth theft from the people like the framers warned us against) and things obama might not, but obama still beats the psycho mccain. 
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 04:43:39 AM by headheldhigh01 »
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline headheldhigh01

and obama's speech at the dem convention was outstanding from start to finish, smart and with class.  if you didn't see it, pull it up on youtube or read a transcript.  they might be trying to soften him on iraq, but i think he's cut from all the right stuff.  and it really looks like he made a smarter vp choice than mccain did, mccain's looks like a desperate grab for hillary women to try to save his butt.  so much for everything mccain's ever claimed about experience being critical for "security."  if you're going to pick a woman for political reasons, there were a lot of better ones in the g.o.p than that.  talk about not having the wisdom for executive decisions ???   i hope the powers that be don't take a shot at obama and claim it was some lone racist nut, there'd be more rioting in the streets than there was for jfk  >:(   he definitely has an easy act to follow.  it may be challenging starting off, it usually is, but he has the potential to be one of the best things that's happened to this country  :)   
« Last Edit: August 30, 2008, 05:11:27 AM by headheldhigh01 »

Offline tttdone

• Bronze Member
OBAMA 4 YA MAMA
Surgery on 8/20/2008

Offline hyperballad

• Posting Member
no one talks about this now? O_o voting has starteddddd

im kind of pissed right now at my mom though. shes a registered dem and she wanted hilary but since shes gone my mom doesn;t like mccain or obama. she said obama seems better but when they started talking about his churches or mccain calling him a terrorist her opiopn changed. everyday now she keeps saying "i really think obama is a bad guy" ~~ meaning supported by bad people to get him in the white house and ruin us from the inside? >_> sounds more like bush but ok. i guess shes going to vote for mccain....looks like political trash talk works in changing votes.

Offline headheldhigh01

VOTE.   

Offline ilovedal

For the first time in many, many years, I am proud of my country.  I voted for the winner!
President Obama!  May God protect him.

Offline headheldhigh01

times a very big two.  he's a good man and smart as hell.  he also ran a gentlemanly campaign that his opponents should have imitated and didn't till about the last three weeks.  ok, i admit it, i teared up a little watching it on tv.  but the majority has spoken and the guy deserved to win.  i think he'll do the job credit.  long may he wave. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024