Author Topic: How Long till vest comes off..  (Read 2998 times)

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
Im at school right now and im 2 1/2 weeks post-op.. i see the ps in 2 weeks from today...can i start going out with it off or should i just wait to be safe..just curious about what the vest is going at this point

Offline Mr_Nip

• Had expensive surgery... Now I'm flat busted!
My opinion is that you should keep compression on your chest except for showering, etc.  It's really important to keep swelling down and to just keep everything held together for proper healing.  I found that transitioning to a compression t-shirt at 2 weeks post op made my life much better.  There are several companies that make them.  I used Underworks style 998.
MR. NIP

I come from nowhere
And you should go there.
Just try it for a while.
The people from nowhere always smile.  -  Frank Zappa

Offline thatguy

• Bronze Member
would under armour work or is that not tight enough

Offline Time_to_fix_it

• Gold Member
Im at school right now and im 2 1/2 weeks post-op.. i see the ps in 2 weeks from today...can i start going out with it off or should i just wait to be safe..just curious about what the vest is going at this point

Keep it on until your PS tells you to take it off.  If you are unsure ring him or wait until you see him in 2 weeks.  I was told to keep compression on for 4 weeks 24/7, and then at night only for another 3 weeks.

All the best.
Surgery performed by Mr Levick at The Priory Hospital Bimingham (UK) 20th October 2006

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024