Author Topic: My Story .....  (Read 2832 times)

Offline gyne_muckup

Hi found your site after watching the BBC prog, i bet the response will be massive on here.

Anyway as with most of you I have been aware something was not quite right with my chest from a young age, maybe about 11/12 onwards.

I think i first noticed the problem when swimming with friends as a youngster and a lot of people were looking and stuff, anyway ive tried to lead as normal life as possible, even if it did mean taking rather extreme measures to ensure getting out or P.E. at senior school for 4 years just due to sheer embarassment of removing my top!!!

I am now 27 and had a N.H.S gyne op 4 years ago, the op was a complete and utter fcuk up and has just made things worse, ive never took my top off in public and now will never get a chance to either i dont think. They didnt remove no where near enought fat/tissue and although i was told the size was due to swelling a month on they were still there and prominent.

To look at they have lost the pointyness, but my nipples are still massive, and the incision around my nipple on both sides is strecthed and severly scarred, making the condition 10 times worse. Im now in limbo agian as I dont know whether to go throught with the op again some time this year? But it needs to be done properly and im worried about the bulbous and stretched scarring I already have :-[ :-[

The op was a total failure and they are now back to full size and droopiness, the side profile is slightly better but the shape and outline under t shirts is clearly visible (ive never worn a white or tight top in my life).

Luckily for me i met a lovely girl and have an adorable son, one of the few things that actually keep me ticking over.

I had the scarring checked by a doctor & they are called keyloid scars or something similar, they hurt and are very unsightly, i cant fathome how a fully trained plastic surgeon doesnt have the intellignece to sow a nipple back on correctly? It really is beyond me ???

If i was getting paid £3000 to do a couple of hours work im sure i would be paying my upmost attetion to the job in hand!

« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 05:44:00 PM by gyne_muckup »

Offline Bolognianips

• Silver Member
Perhaps if you have pictures one of the Dr's that frequent the board will be able to tell you if they could correct it.  I'm willing to bet they can.  I mean since the scar is fairly large allready I would think they would just cut around it and be able to reduce the size of your areola at the same time.  Then again.. I've never heard of a painfull scar.  Plus who knows what was going on years ago.  I bet years ago it was a much more rare operation as all plastic surgurys seem to be becomong more refined and common.

Offline gyne_muckup

Pic as requested, kinda hard taking it as i never show anybody  :-[

Offline gyne_muckup

Any opinions on the scarring please  ??? ???

Offline outertrial

I think you probably see it as worse than it is but yes, its not great. Some googling of keloid scars seem to indicate that they are caused by your own body when it heals so the surgeon may not be to blame. I would go back to the GP and  say how much the scarring is affecting you and insist that they give you treatment for it. You should maybe contact the GMC and see if its appropriate in this case to make a complaint against the surgeon.

The gyne you have is certainly treatable under surgery but if you have a predisposition towards keloid scarring you should be aware that procedures like skin/areola  reduction could lead to further scars.

You need to make some appointments with (at least two) plastic surgeons and sound them out about this.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024