Author Topic: I would appreciate some advice for my gyno (pic inside)  (Read 2030 times)

Offline ihatemymoobs

I am 23 years old and I have had gyno since middle school.  I believe it is an issue with hormonal imbalance and not simply fat.  I've gained 30lbs this year(homecooking) but even before then I had small arms and large breasts. I do plan on getting surgery one day but I won't be able to afford it until I am around 30. I would like some advice for what I should do in the meantime.

My question:  Are there any supplements or techniques I can use to help fix my hormonal imbalance? I have heard that working out (especially your legs)increases testosterone.  I've also heard of supplements that can decrease estrogen and increase androgen.  Can anyone enlighten me on what route I should take?  

Offline George Pope, M.D.

• Supporting Doctors
    • Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
Have you had any type of medical workup that demonstrates this is from a hormonal imbalance?  If so, you should talk to your primary care physician or your endocrinologist about how to handle that.  If there's no hormonal imbalance, I suggest you work at getting off the excess weight, continue to work out with weights, and see how things progress. 

Dr. Pope, MD
George H Pope, MD, FACS
Certified - American Board of Plastic Surgery
Orlando Plastic Surgery Center
www.georgepopemd.com
Phone: 407-857-6261

Offline ihatemymoobs

I haven't seen a doctor about this problem yet.  My dad is a doctor and I remember back in middle school he said it will go away soon.  I haven't brought it up since and it obviously hasn't gone anywhere.  I am only assuming its a hormonal imbalance and I would see a endocrinologist before taking any hormonal medicines but I just wanted some information for now.

appreciate the advice

Offline xelnaga13

Get to an endo and get a full work up.

Do not take any supplements to boost testosterone. Supplements are the wild west of medicine and you risk making your condition worse. I had my gyne removed at 14 and it return will taking a test boosting supplement called ZMA. Whether the supplement was the cause, I dont know .

Losing weight and exercise are necessary for a long, full, and healthy life.

Gaining 30 pounds in one year raises some red flags in terms of your mental health. It equates to gaining one pound every 12 days. I suggest you look into the underlying cause for this.

It's never too late to completely change yourself for the better. I pissed away my early 20's drinking and using my way towards and early grave. I was fortunite enough to have a moment of clarity and turn things around. Now Im in the best mental and psychical shape of my life.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024