Author Topic: does any pills can cure gynecomastia like 'diet aid of questionable value'??  (Read 5458 times)

Offline lieutenant14

I read a few articles about the pills that can cure gynecomastia.. i Want to know if this is true?? anybody here who using pills???what the effect of this to you??

Offline jsboob

• Silver Member
one word-- SCAM.

Dont waste your money. Once gynecomastia has been established, there is no medication that can "make it disappear"  Think about it- gyne is breasts, part of the human body. Fingers are also part of the human body, you would laugh if you read an ad for a miracle pill that could "make human fingers disappear" wouldnt you? Same thing!  ::)
Both would require a sharp knife to remove! :o

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There are but two things that can be done with Gynecomastia.

Ultimately you must either get used to it or have surgery to remove/or shrink it.

The various pills and exercise gizmos are a total waste of money.

The one possible exception might be when it is due to obesity when weight loss will allow some degree of shrinkage. But even then, the reduction in breast size is rarely enough to meet the expectations of the man involved and he is ultimately faced with the same choice.

Grandpa Dan

Offline MrRossZ28

• Posting Member
i tried that same exact pill! All it did was took my money! Get the surgery done. i had mine done for $3,000

Offline Dr. Elliot Jacobs

• Elliot W. Jacobs, MD, FACS
  • Senior Moderator
    • Gynecomastia Surgery
The only part of your body that will be reduced will be your wallet.  Caveat emptor -- buyer beware.

Dr Jacobs
Dr. Jacobs 
Certified: American Board of Plastic Surgery
Fellow: American College of Surgeons
Practice sub-specialty in Gynecomastia Surgery
4800 North Federal Highway
Boca Raton, Florida 33431
561  367 9101
Email:  dr.j@elliotjacobsmd.com

Offline Idlewild

• Posting Member
I've done a lot of research on this area and the general consensus, from what I have read and what my endocrinologist says, is that these medications are fuzzy. They most likely will not work if you've had gynecomastia for more than 2-3 years. At that point the gynecomastia becomes hard and fibrous, and can not be shrunk with medications. I have tried so many myself, exemestane, letrozole, pramipexole, toremifene citrate, and they were all not effective. The only medication worth trying, to me, is raloxifene. However, if it does work it would take months of treatment. Talk to a doctor about it if you wish, but surgery is, in my opinion, the most effective option.

Offline toolhead

• Posting Member
I used Nolvadex (Tamoxifen citrate) for three months and it did NOTHING. My endocrinologist prescribed it after reviewing a study where it was used to treat puberty-induced gynecomastia on adolescents (ie: teenagers who had just recently developed it). The problem was, at that point, I was no longer an adolescent. I was 21 and had gynecomastia for several years.

If Nolvadex, which is a pharmaceutical grade anti-estrogen (and one of the most research proven) did nothing to help my gyne, I highly doubt 'diet aid of questionable value' or any other internet-based marketed "drug" will produce much of a benefit to you.

I also did a fair amount of research on Letrozole, including to have talked to many who tried it. All the people who tried it stated that taken at a normal dose, Letro made them suffer like hell with all its side-effects and even then, you run the potential of making the problem worse do to estrogen-rebound.

Certainly, a high level of estrogen causes gynecomastia however: ALL males naturally have SOME breast tissue, gynecomastia is merely the enlargement of that breast tissue. So you can take all the anti-estrogens you want, in the end, your body is supposed to have breast tissue regardless of the level of estrogen or testosterone in your body. And once it is finished forming and puberty has ended, all the anti-estrogens in the world will not be able to remove the gland because it is naturally supposed to be there at that point, regardless of its size.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2010, 10:04:08 PM by toolhead »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024