Author Topic: Wearing a bra does not define us  (Read 957 times)

Offline blad

Every morning I dutifully put on my bra because I prefer the containment and control it provides. I feel constantly irritated and reminded of my breasts if I try to go braless.

But once I am wearing my bra I go about my day and forget I am wearing a bra 95% of the time. I guess the sensation of the straps are there but I am so use to it that it's presence is ignored.

I am not thinking that I am a guy wearing a bra, just a guy going about the activities and interests of my day. I am not defined by wearing a bra, but rather by who I am and what I do.

With wearing the appropriate attire, (a bra), I am in control of my breasts and do not really mind them at all. The only time I was really negative about them was when I fist developed breasts as a teen and came under the scrutiny of others. Once I removed the views of others from my mind and once I took control with a bra then there was no negative left to dwell on.
If the bra fits, wear it.

Normal boobs1

Exactly blad. The first leap in  action and acceptance is always the hardest,but the comfort gained rapidly makes it a new normal an part of routine daily dressing. Some of us have moved further in embracing our feminine side but that is a sideshow to the main object of this forum - helping those with larger than average breasts manage and come to terms with them

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
While I’ve come to terms with having larger breasts and love them, I still feel the pressure of it’s “not normal” and do my best to camouflage them. Even to the point of going unsupported (sucks!) to not cause nattering. My wife likes my breasts and has bought me bras, but the social pressure can be overwhelming at times. 

Offline 42CSurprise!

Acceptance is definitely essential, but clearly we each have our own relationship with our breasts and brassieres.  Yes, I do feel comfortable wearing a well-fitting brassiere and my breasts are happy.  But as a person no longer in the work force I live a pretty solitary life... especially so after three years coping with COVID.  I do wear a brassiere at times when out and about running errands, but most of the time I'm wearing one at home.  When spending time with friends I'm invariably without a brassiere. 

As I've said a number of times, there is an erotic dimension to my experience.  I don't frame the issue simply in terms of comfort or relief from pain.  I don't need to belabor the point since it has been talked about on other threads, but it seems clear to me that while wearing a brassiere doesn't define me, estrogen is doing its thing in both my body and mind.  I'm accepting the whole package, including the erotic dimension.  8)

Orb

Acceptance is definitely essential, but clearly we each have our own relationship with our breasts and brassieres.  Yes, I do feel comfortable wearing a well-fitting brassiere and my breasts are happy.  But as a person no longer in the work force I live a pretty solitary life... especially so after three years coping with COVID.  I do wear a brassiere at times when out and about running errands, but most of the time I'm wearing one at home.  When spending time with friends I'm invariably without a brassiere. 

As I've said a number of times, there is an erotic dimension to my experience.  I don't frame the issue simply in terms of comfort or relief from pain.  I don't need to belabor the point since it has been talked about on other threads, but it seems clear to me that while wearing a brassiere doesn't define me, estrogen is doing its thing in both my body and mind.  I'm accepting the whole package, including the erotic dimension.  8)
I like what you said about each having our own relationship with our breast and bras.  Its true we all do what is comfortable, acceptable and right for us.  Selecting a bra for the day or activity is natural.  Not choosing to wear can equally be the right choice for us.  Just because we can fill the cups doesn't mean we have to.  Being free for a time can be freeing in itself. Not wearing is in no way a cop out.  Even I often go without then quite enjoy selecting a nice looking, nice shaping, bra and feel good about it.  

I never thought I would say this but I too have learned to enjoy what I have.  I have accepted it and just go about my life.  Never thinking about making excuses as to why or why not I do one thing or think and act another.  I'm happy in my skin and wouldn't change who I am.  

Offline 42CSurprise!

...I never thought I would say this but I too have learned to enjoy what I have.  I have accepted it and just go about my life.  Never thinking about making excuses as to why or why not I do one thing or think and act another.  I'm happy in my skin and wouldn't change who I am. 
Honestly, we can't do better than that... whether we're talking about breasts and brassieres or the simple fact of being alive.  There are so many ways we can judge ourselves that it is easy to keep ourselves small.  Working through such feelings can take a lifetime.  It appears for men here, the reality of developing breasts becomes the impetus for finding acceptance.  If we can accept our breasts and the possibility wearing a brassiere can improve our lives, it becomes easier to accept all of who we are.  That is a wonderful thing to do.

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024