Author Topic: Mom tells her friends im getting an operation  (Read 5834 times)

Offline outshined

• Bronze Member
yeah i would hate that.. i am planning on getting surgery and I want to completely erase from my memory the fact I ever had it.. I wouldn't want anyone to know I ever had it.. but thats just the pre op me talking

Offline headheldhigh01

• destined to stand on a beach shirtless
sounds normal to me, though it would probably be a lot easier to talk about it in the past tense than the present.  
* a man is more than a body will ever tell
* if it screws up your life the same, is there really any such thing as "mild" gyne?

Offline Gynecomastia1617

• Bronze Member
  • Movin' on up!
Thanks for all the advice, im gonna try to stick with the story for my friends that arent that close as to find out from one of my moms friends. I actually believe they are not gonna bust my balls about it. As for the others im gonna go with the cancer story. I hope they wont ask me how to spell gynecomastia. If they do ill say I have no idea, and im going to try to pronounce it wrong as possible, if I ever even have to explain to anyone. I think I set my mom straight, because I gave her an example of one of her embarrasing stories, and I told her Id get payback if she kept on doing it, and now shes denying she told alot of people, in fear of me telling her friends out of anger.. LOL. I going in for my Pre op appt. this upcoming Thursday, IM SO HAPPY. This website has really ment so much to me. Im gonna try my hardest to come back , and post after my op.

Offline Warlord

• Posting Member
  • My battle with gynecomastia has begun.
Thanks for all the advice, im gonna try to stick with the story for my friends that arent that close as to find out from one of my moms friends. I actually believe they are not gonna bust my balls about it. As for the others im gonna go with the cancer story. I hope they wont ask me how to spell gynecomastia. If they do ill say I have no idea, and im going to try to pronounce it wrong as possible, if I ever even have to explain to anyone. I think I set my mom straight, because I gave her an example of one of her embarrasing stories, and I told her Id get payback if she kept on doing it, and now shes denying she told alot of people, in fear of me telling her friends out of anger.. LOL. I going in for my Pre op appt. this upcoming Thursday, IM SO HAPPY. This website has really ment so much to me. Im gonna try my hardest to come back , and post after my op.

You know, I can understand the anger and hurt that's associated with being betrayed by a loved one, especially when it deals with something as sensitive as gynecomastia.  But to take it to the point where you want to deliberately get back at your mom is just wrong.  She made the mistake and nothing can change that.  However, you don't need to make the situation worse by lowering yourself to her level and creating more friction!

I still think that it's a bad idea to lie to your friends, but it's your life, your choice.  Just be sure to be prepared when people start laughing at you, not for the gynecomastia, but for thinking you could pull one over on other's in the age of the Internet...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 02:24:03 AM by Warlord »

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024