Author Topic: Banned for saying someone's name?  (Read 3317 times)

Offline Steve Dell

• Posting Member

Does this forum now ban people for saying the name of a banned doctor?

For example, if there is a bad doctor called Dr John Smith and I write down that you should avoid Dr. John Smith, does this forum automatically ban your account?

Do we have to go about this like in the Harry Potter movies and say " Thou who name shall not be spoken" ?

Is this carrying things a little bit too far?

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
Generally speaking, any negative commentary, especially if it includes the name of someone, should be avoided.

It is not our purpose here to discredit anyone, either Doctor or patient.
Grandpa Dan

Offline Steve Dell

• Posting Member
Generally speaking, any negative commentary, especially if it includes the name of someone, should be avoided.

It is not our purpose here to discredit anyone, either Doctor or patient.

I mean just saying the name and being banned as a result of it. 

Such as " Has anyone ever gone to Dr. John Smith"  then bang, your banned.

Offline jakeyboy08

• Silver Member
    • https://www.gynecomastia.org/smf/index.php?topic=22534.0
Yes i believe this has happened!
GYNECOMASTIA FREE SINCE: 11/04/2011

TO VIEW MY EXPERIENCE OF SURGERY WITH BEFORE AND AFTER PICTURES PLEASE USE THE LINK BELOW

Offline becky

• Administrator
  • Posting Member
Gynecomastia.org does not ban you for mentioning a physician's name, but the forum does not encourage promoting a physician's practice or making defamatory remarks about the physician's skills.  We want the forum to invite people to share their information.  The forum will have a new posted set of rules in the next few days.  I believe once these rules are put in place, that everyone will understand what the do's and don'ts of the forum will be. 

If you have any other questions about the processes we follow on the forum, please feel free to email me directly.

Thank you.

Becky
The Gynecomastia.org Team

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024