Author Topic: A Website of Bras for Men Only  (Read 12706 times)

rrr

TigerPaws said:

Bummed I am not trying to sound cruel but you complain too much.

Look, you are a completely different situation from anyone else I have seen on this forum. Yours is a unique case here.

1) You knowingly chose to grow breasts.

2) You are independently wealthy.

3) You live on an island with very low population.

If anyone else here fits any of those categories, please speak up - I do not.

I don't think you have the slightest understanding of the folks here who did not CHOOSE to have breasts, just as I do not understand the selfie culture that takes drugs for body building or to grow more hair.

Bummed and $0.02

hammer

Bummed,
I'm not independently wealthy, but I'm comfortable, however, I did not choose to grow my breast I had them as long as I can remember! They just continued to get bigger!

I live in a suburb of Saint Paul, however a different country thank God! So I'm not on a private island or anything like that!

I have learned to live with very large breast that do extend MUCH further then my stomach or any other part of my body, with or without a bra on! As have others on this forum!

So, put that in your coffee and drink it, or your pudding and eat it which ever you prefer!

And most of this happen long before I had to stop working!

rrr

South1 said:

[font="Open Sans", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Not sure what you meant by "This is why....." something doesn't happen. I don't see where I said something is responsible for something else being "impossible." But anyhow.... Maybe I misunderstood.[/font][/color]

My point was that a fiscal conservative or libertarian CANNOT get elected in this country unless they garner the vote of the religious right - ie., they have to also be social conservatives.

This is too close to religion being involved in government.

Being religious or not has zero bearing on whether a person is good or bad. Ethical or not. Law abiding or not. Religious beliefs should not be used when choosing a politician.

Believe it or not, there is a large chunk of voters that could be swayed towards fiscal conservatism or libertarianism, if it weren't for the religious right.

Bummed

Offline TigerPaws

Bummed I DID NOT CHOOSE to develop breasts, I chose not to have my Prostate removed, to wear a diaper for the rest of my life or to be totally impotent.

My Breasts are a RESULT of medication.

The difference between people like you and me is that I have accepted what has happened, I have adapted and overcome difficulty and adverse circumstances. I have thrived.

Yes I am independently wealthy, I started out with NOTHING and earned every dollar I have, I make no apologies for that. Almost anyone can succeed with enough hard work and desire.

I worked hard to get where I am, I live where I want, see who I want, when I want so what. If you made other choices than you have no one to blame but yourself.

Comparing yourself with others is a waste of time and energy, maybe that is a mental illness, maybe you seek some professional help.

Complaining achieves NOTHING.

hammer

Bummed I DID NOT CHOOSE to develop breasts, I chose not to have my Prostate removed, to wear a diaper for the rest of my life or to be totally impotent.

My Breasts are a RESULT of medication.

The difference between people like you and me is that I have accepted what has happened, I have adapted and overcome difficulty and adverse circumstances. I have thrived.

Yes I am independently wealthy, I started out with NOTHING and earned every dollar I have, I make no apologies for that. Almost anyone can succeed with enough hard work and desire.

I worked hard to get where I am, I live where I want, see who I want, when I want so what. If you made other choices than you have no one to blame but yourself.

Comparing yourself with others is a waste of time and energy, maybe that is a mental illness, maybe you seek some professional help.

Complaining achieves NOTHING.

Amen, bother TP

hammer

South1, I can both feel and hear your pain! It was peripheral neuropathy that took me out of the working world 18 years ago and it has just gotten worse as the years gone by! People assume that it was my back and knees that did it, but my back was fine, knees, no but back was, but I was falling to much due to the neuropathy, that had some to do with the back.

I would recommend an adjustable bed so you can learn to sleep on your back. I'm a back and side sleeper, particularly because of years of having the large breast I guess.

I got the adjustable bed because of edema. So, with compression hose and multiple times a day laying with my legs up I was able to get rid of the edema. Now I don't know how to sleep on my back without raising my head or legs, and I wear compression hose most of the time!

As for the peripheral neuropathy, that is why I use a wheelchair! I don't like falling and screwing up the rest of my body and ending up in the hospital because of it! I wouldn't wish neuropathy on my worst enemy!

Offline TigerPaws

South1 generally speaking as the breast gland grows and expands there is a lot of soreness and pain. Usually this is accompanied but itching, it is an itch deep in your breast that cannot be reached. More often that not you nipples will become firm and constantly erect.

It is not uncommon for this to go one for as long as 7 years depending on what is triggering the growth.

If you bump your chest during much of this time you will know it, it will hurt like Hell for hours.

As for sleeping on your side and back get used to it, as you develop it will become increasingly uncomfortable. As a mans breasts grow and develop driving on rough roads will become increasingly uncomfortable and even painful. A good compression sports bra will usually solve this for a time.

As breasts develop, the nipple can become erect and hard, this can be very uncomfortable at night as the sheets will rub and the sensation is unusual for men.

Girls look forward to developing into women, they talk to their mothers, friends and older sisters. So for them developing breasts is a right of passage from a girl to a woman. As most of us (men) develop breasts later in life for whatever reason the experience is completely different.

The changes are unwanted and totally alien to men, the feelings are unexpected and generally not discussed, most of us must go through the changes alone which makes it more difficult.
There is no manual for learning to live with the changes, understanding what is happening and where the developments may go is helpful but no one can predict how anyone will develop. Much of what we go through is the luck of the genetic draw.

Offline TigerPaws

My nipples have become very erect and much harder than before when I was just an A-cup throughout the many years since my teens. Now approaching a C-cup, I have another issue that keeps grabbing my attention when I would rather have other things on my mind to be concerned about. I estimate that I now have nearly a half-pound of fat and tissue inside each breast and the bouncing sensation cannot be ignored when I am moving around or walking fast. I know my bouncy breasts would be noticeable if I wore the tighter shirts that I used to wear up until a few months ago. If I did still wear the tight shirts I am sure the rubbing against my nipples would be a problem. It's only a slight irritant now. I guess a new question would be, what about sagging if I don't wear a bra? My breasts already fold over my chest when I lean over. I cannot wear any support outside the house (too afraid to just now). Will a tight bra slow down the sagging process? Or stop it altogether? A weird question, I know.
Men typically develop a bit differently that women (I am an exception), our wider chests cause the breast to develop further from the center. Breast tissue normally Aptos fat deposits accumulate largely on the side under the arm in most men. Depending on a man's body type and amount of total body fat he is carrying will generally determine how much bounce he feels.

As for maintaining firmness, if you are large enough to feel the jiggle and bounce you need to be wearing something to keep your breasts in place. If you look up Cooper's Ligaments I believe that you will understand.

Getting used to wearing bra or sports bra is difficult and takes time. I wear a sports jacket almost everywhere and here in the tropics light linen jackets not only look nice but provide the necessary concealment. Unless you bring attention to yourself no one will bother with you.  

Blousebunnys

Tiger Paws and Hammer gave you good advice.   For what it's worth here's a little more. I have been dealing with gynomastia for over 50 years now. Mine is due to klienfelters syndrom. I am XXY.  As far as sports bras go I find that an encapsulation type works the best. You said you were possibly going to look into t-shirt bras. That's a good idea. They hold the breast tissue in and the light padding conceals my nipples. About the only thing anyone has said is that I must pump iron because the t-shirt bras give me a buff appearance. Another suggestion might help with sizing. Until you are ready to go for a professional fitting there is a site on UTUBE called bra fitting 101. Although it won't replace a professional fitter it's pretty good. If you do decide to try a t-shirt bra I would recommend the Leading Lady bra. No excess adornment. Oh yeah. Unless you are wearing a really opaque shirt stay away from white bras. Against your skin color, they will really show through. You can conceal your gynomastia, I've been doing it for over 50 years now. Good luck. 

Offline TigerPaws

South1,

Bra sizing is not an exact science and men typically have wider and deeper chests than women. Also men again typically have smaller breasts, as least by volume, that is the total volume of breast tissue which consists of both Aptos Fat deposits and the Breast gland itself.

Bra's are made for a woman's general body type not a man's so do not be concerned about what the size says on the label but how it fits and feels.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
I signed on in 2004.  Shortly after, a lot of the old archived postings were lost when the site was reorganized.  At present, the archives go back at least to January of '05.  Go the the heading on the home page and click on the word search.  Enter a single word in the first line and ignore everything else then click "Search".    Every time that key word was mentioned since January of '05 will be listed.
Please do not comment or add to the old archived posts.  It would generally be better to start a new topic than to "resurrect" the old ones.
A Member who has not not been active for years but who was a great source of information was a guy who called himself "Grandpa Bambu".
Most people who have surgery and are pleased with the result simply lose interest in the site and we never hear from them again.  Grandpa Bambu was different. he stayed around for a long time and was a rich source of information and inspiration.   Your can look him up in the section "Members" and check his posts. 
Grandpa Dan

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
"Hypo".   He chose his name because of his hypogonadism.   If you have hormonal problems, his postings are priceless and he too is no longer here. fortunately his posts are still archived. 

If my memory was better, I could probably name a lot more but what do you expect of a guy who will be 79 in just a couple of weeks. 

Blousebunnys

When measuring yourself you have to remember that once you get your size that doesn't necessarily mean that number will apply to all bras. My measurement says I am a D cup. That number holds true for the majority of my bras. However with the leading lady t-shirt bra I am a C cup. 
You also have to keep in mind that when you go down in band size you go up in cup size. For instance 46 D will translate to a 44DD. Also the size of the cups will vary from brand to brand and they will sometimes vary from style to style from the same maker. 
I can't stress it enough. The best way to be correctly fitted is to set up a professional fitting. Believe me I know how difficult that can be. Any man that has done it will say that the first time was the hardest. You will be surprised though at how helpful the fitter will be.
For my first fitting in talked with the fitter ahead of time and she suggested I come in at almost the close of business when there were fewer patrons. She didn't judge at all. She even said I wasn't her only male customer. 
I also was extremely nervous when my doctor told me that I should have a mammogram. This time I couldn't schedule it for a time of day that suited me. I was right there in the waiting area with the other people who were waiting for their mammograms. Again I wasn't the first male to have one. As an aside, I have to agree with my wife, that wasn't the most comfortable procedure. 
Remember, most people are so wrapped up with their owndr lives and problems they won't even notice you are wearing a bra, unless you are wearing the kind of clothing that would call attention to it. 
A bra is nothing more than an article of clothing that serves a purpose.  It holds in and stops your breasts from bouncing. 
You aren't alone. There are more and more men that are having the same experience. I think that number will continue to grow due to various medications that will be prescribed as we grow older.
I really wish there had been something like this 50 years ago. It would have really helped.

Remember, you're not alone. You can come to the forum anytime you need to talk or get advice. 

Hang in there.

Offline Paa_Paw

• Senior Moderator
There is an old rude joke about the Mammogram being developed by a Male Radiologist.  To make things even, a Female Radiologist was working on a screening test for testicular tumors  that involved placing the family Jewels in a vise. 

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024