Author Topic: It's that time of year - well it is in the northern hemisphere.!  (Read 2025 times)

Kazmage

Most of my bras are unlined as I prefer not to have padding except when it's really cold just to hide and protect my nipples lol.

Offline Evolver

• Gold Member
TBH, I believe that there are so many things that men would like to wear, but, aren't currently socially acceptable. Skirts and heels 👠 are great! Skirts are the best for warmer weather and comfortable and convenient. Not all heels are uncomfortable. Most women try to wear a size too small because they don't want to say they have big feet.

Sophie ❤️
Skirts and heels...isn't it odd that it is totally acceptable for Scottish men to wear tartan kilts on formal occasions, and more locally for me at least, for dignitaries like the Fijian Prime Minister to wear his skirt on the international stage. Culture dictates the acceptance of that particular item of clothing I guess, but again, it is what marketing and expected norms have done to our perception of what is right and wrong that makes us not accept skirts as part of our culture. Although I don't have a hankering to wear skirts, if it became trendy to do so, then who knows!

Heels is a funny one too. For a while in the 80's it was fashionable for a young guy like me to wear high heeled boots when going out (mine were elastic sided black suede), from memory the heel wasn't even 2" but it was certainly noticeable. A while ago my daughter-in-law laughed like heck when she saw a pic of them! Maybe an opportunity was lost back then because that sort of footwear for men turned out to be just a fad. 

Offline Johndoe1

In Africa and other non developed/non Western society parts of the world skirt/dress like garments are acceptable men's wear. I think the west will eventually move back in that direction but many of us may not see it. 

Also high heels were originally worn by men as a status symbol by being able to walk above the filth that was thrown in the streets before sewers were a thing.  The higher the heel,  more prominent you were.  Eventually women started to wear them as status as well.  In the 1800s men got away from high heels and women became the dominant wearers of high heels. 
Womanhood is not defined by breasts, and breasts are not indicative of womanhood. - Melissa Fabello

Orb

I have had the traveled to many countries which have Kilts, through Middle East down through Africa to Asia.  All having a varied take on skirts.  I have worn there and at my home here, just not publicly.  That's why I tend to see styles and fabrics as just that.  Wear what suites you.  Cotton, nylon, silk, or lace.  

Busted (and happy)

Skirts are a strange one.
Speaking as an English man with Scottish ancestors. My tartan kilt is definitely noticed when out and about. 
In contrast a plain A -line denim  or plain darkish material mini skirt (approx shorts length) appears to be almost invisible. Only twice have I been aware of being spotted. From a reasonable distance most people "see" shorts, up close people don't see below the waist.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 09:15:25 AM by Busted (and happy) »

aboywithgirls

Hi guys 🤗

I am not all that worldy, only traveling out of the country once. Of course, on the internet, I can see all kinds of different cultures and how they differ, especially from western culture. I'm not sure why here, wearing a skirt or a dress is so taboo. I
Especially a skirt is so practical! I am in a skirt or dress when I go to work. At work there are very clear gender lines with our dress code. As a woman, if I choose to wear a skirt, I have to were nylons or non patterned tights. Men have to wear a button down shirt and tie. Even though I had my girls all along and wore a bra, as a woman I am now required to wear one. 

I still feel that we should all be able to wear what we like and feel good in. Yes, in a professional office environment, the employees should dress professionally, however, who's to say that a man can't look professional in an open collar blouse and skirt? Particularly if the blouse 👚  accommodates his chest and a skirt fits his hips and bottom better?

I'm not trying to make this about crossdressing, I think that clothing should not be gendered. 

Sophie ❤️ 

Busted (and happy)

Thumbs up from me.
It is also practicality. Down the centuries and across cultures men found trousers better than "skirts"  as horse riding came. Women more recently changed with the advent of the bicycle and for political emancipation. 
For me clothing is genderless. Suitability based on personal choice and its appropriateness for temperature and task I  hand. Period

Confused old man

This week my wife and I were shopping. I started out in the men’s section. Found three shirts that I liked. Found two pair of shorts, pair of jeans and a top in the women’s section. It’s all about fit and comfort for me anymore. And a little style of course 😃. I see a lot of men shop in women’s and women shop in men’s. I think for the most part the stereotypical shopping is a thing of the past.👍

aboywithgirls

This week my wife and I were shopping. I started out in the men’s section. Found three shirts that I liked. Found two pair of shorts, pair of jeans and a top in the women’s section. It’s all about fit and comfort for me anymore. And a little style of course 😃. I see a lot of men shop in women’s and women shop in men’s. I think for the most part the stereotypical shopping is a thing of the past.👍
I love ❤️ it! This is what I had been doing for a decade before becoming me. Women's clothing has always been a better fit no matter what was between my legs, men's clothing was never designed for my bust or my but! Lol 😆 

Sophie ❤️ 

Orb

This is great.  Everyone is right on.  Clothing is none gender in my mind.  People wear what makes them look and feel good.  For most its their own insecurities that make them shop on one side of the isle or the other.  Societal  norms are just that.  A measure of the masses.  

Online taxmapper

1:   So I went to the local Big 5 (Sporting Goods Store in the US) and they had some soft thin bras on sale and got one set. The interesting thing here is that the bra has extremely thin lining (almost literally paper thin) but it also doesn't cause a large round protrusion per se. BUT, my breasts do fill the cups entirely and they are becoming even more prominent than before. 

Because of the thinness of the material, they are much cooler for summer wear, and being in the Southwest with .0005% humidity and 90 in the shade, it helps! 

2: The core of western prudishness comes directly from Deuteronomy 22:5.  Men shall not wear the trappings of a women... (Ill spare the actual text.) 
In old Israel (pre Roman) the clothing was actually very different between men and women despite the long gown shapes. They may not look diff. from the onset, but colors, shaping, fitness, etc. was all different. 

That simply carried over to modern society. Men's and women's clothing was designed for specific reasons, from the previously mentioned high heels (which originated with the equestrian needs), and later evolved to the status symbol.  Plus the evolution of Men's vs. Women's was religious, practical and political.

I am a leaner more to the androgynous side myself, but to be honest, seeing a middle aged woman in stiletto's thigh high boots is defiantly a sight to enjoy.   A middle aged man in pumps... not so much. 

aboywithgirls

1:  So I went to the local Big 5 (Sporting Goods Store in the US) and they had some soft thin bras on sale and got one set. The interesting thing here is that the bra has extremely thin lining (almost literally paper thin) but it also doesn't cause a large round protrusion per se. BUT, my breasts do fill the cups entirely and they are becoming even more prominent than before.

Because of the thinness of the material, they are much cooler for summer wear, and being in the Southwest with .0005% humidity and 90 in the shade, it helps!

2: The core of western prudishness comes directly from Deuteronomy 22:5.  Men shall not wear the trappings of a women... (Ill spare the actual text.)
In old Israel (pre Roman) the clothing was actually very different between men and women despite the long gown shapes. They may not look diff. from the onset, but colors, shaping, fitness, etc. was all different.

That simply carried over to modern society. Men's and women's clothing was designed for specific reasons, from the previously mentioned high heels (which originated with the equestrian needs), and later evolved to the status symbol.  Plus the evolution of Men's vs. Women's was religious, practical and political.

I am a leaner more to the androgynous side myself, but to be honest, seeing a middle aged woman in stiletto's thigh high boots is defiantly a sight to enjoy.  A middle aged man in pumps... not so much.
How about a middle aged woman of transgender experience in slingback heels 👠 and skirt??? Lol 😆 

Have a great weekend fellas!!!❣️

Sophie ❤️ 

Online taxmapper

1:  So I went to the local Big 5 (Sporting Goods Store in the US) and they had some soft thin bras on sale and got one set. The interesting thing here is that the bra has extremely thin lining (almost literally paper thin) but it also doesn't cause a large round protrusion per se. BUT, my breasts do fill the cups entirely and they are becoming even more prominent than before.

2: The core of western prudishness comes directly from Deuteronomy 22:5.  Men shall not wear the trappings of a women... (Ill spare the actual text.)

That simply carried over to modern society. Men's and women's clothing was designed for specific reasons, from the previously mentioned high heels (which originated with the equestrian needs), and later evolved to the status symbol.  Plus the evolution of Men's vs. Women's was religious, practical and political.

I am a leaner more to the androgynous side myself, but to be honest, seeing a middle aged woman in stiletto's thigh high boots is defiantly a sight to enjoy.  A middle aged man in pumps... not so much.
How about a middle aged woman of transgender experience in slingback heels 👠 and skirt??? Lol 😆

Have a great weekend fellas!!!❣️

Sophie ❤️
:D:D

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024