Author Topic: Thanks to this site I went to NHS ...  (Read 4903 times)

GynO_DuDe

Im currently 19 years old. Since the age of 14 ive been really fat and had a reallly big breasts, any way, saw a program on TV about it ... was so embarassed to go swimming, just basically anything where I would have to take my top off. Always wore black t-shirts to cover crease's etc, used to flippin dress in loose garments like 50 cent just to make it look like thats how I always wore my clothing etc so no one would think why does he always you know where black clothes, never wears a t-shirt etc?  I joined the gym 3 months ago and lost a stone and im hoping to lose much more before I do surgery. My gyno hasn't changed at all though. No improvement at all apart from the upper chest area and around the body, the nipple area is still massive thats where my gyno mainly is. It's mentally cocked me up ... Ive had so many chances with girls and relationships as well but because of my chest I say no, I cant go out with you ... they think im flippin gay I bet ... the amount off bullsh!t stories I had to make like oh sorry, I already got a girl etc ... omg, writing this is embarassing me and I feel like crying.

After seeing this site and realising theirs sh!t loads off people with this problem ... I thought screw it, my chest is literally ruining my life and I can't waste any more of it, as im starting uni in 3 weeks as well, so I went to my GP yesterday ... He was totally cool about it ... he's referred me to the hospital for a blood test etc and it's all going to go from their.

Once I eventually get my operation done and have my chest sorted out I hope it'll be a good case and I cant flipping wait to start my new life without my big chest. I want to go swimming everyday, go everywhere with a t-shirt on and wear what I want ... and obviously not act like a flippin idiot around girls!  :)

Any way ... Great website, and I wish any one considering the surgery the best of luck and any one reading this to just go to their doctor and not be embarassed about it.

I suggest any big people like myself to consider losing weight first as the doctor even said this .. he said to carry on going to the gym before the surgery etc.

Offline geg100

• Silver Member
Im currently 19 years old. Since the age of 14 ive been really fat and had a reallly big breasts, any way, saw a program on TV about it ... was so embarassed to go swimming, just basically anything where I would have to take my top off. Always wore black t-shirts to cover crease's etc, used to flippin dress in loose garments like 50 cent just to make it look like thats how I always wore my clothing etc so no one would think why does he always you know where black clothes, never wears a t-shirt etc?  I joined the gym 3 months ago and lost a stone and im hoping to lose much more before I do surgery. My gyno hasn't changed at all though. No improvement at all apart from the upper chest area and around the body, the nipple area is still massive thats where my gyno mainly is. It's mentally cocked me up ... Ive had so many chances with girls and relationships as well but because of my chest I say no, I cant go out with you ... they think im flippin gay I bet ... the amount off bullsh!t stories I had to make like oh sorry, I already got a girl etc ... omg, writing this is embarassing me and I feel like crying.

After seeing this site and realising theirs sh!t loads off people with this problem ... I thought screw it, my chest is literally ruining my life and I can't waste any more of it, as im starting uni in 3 weeks as well, so I went to my GP yesterday ... He was totally cool about it ... he's referred me to the hospital for a blood test etc and it's all going to go from their.

Once I eventually get my operation done and have my chest sorted out I hope it'll be a good case and I cant flipping wait to start my new life without my big chest. I want to go swimming everyday, go everywhere with a t-shirt on and wear what I want ... and obviously not act like a flippin idiot around girls!  :)

Any way ... Great website, and I wish any one considering the surgery the best of luck and any one reading this to just go to their doctor and not be embarassed about it.

I suggest any big people like myself to consider losing weight first as the doctor even said this .. he said to carry on going to the gym before the surgery etc.

welcome aboard

Offline SOAD

• Posting Member
GOOD LUCK... I am 18, nearly 19, and used to swim regularly. Now I am not willing to swim and make up excuses when given the chance.

I feel like there is NO WAY I could swim at the moment.

Hope you sort it out. Keep up the hard work at the gym, before AND after surgery. Have fun.
19 Years old, unilateral gyne in left chest

GynO_DuDe

Cheers m8 ...

Any way, update so far ... blood test results should be arriving Monday and then im being reffered to a doc @ the hospital for closer inspection.

GynO_DuDe

Latest update ..

Well got a letter through today to go see a Breast Surgeon - Mr D Ravichandran in late october so it didn't take that long to get my first appointment considering I saw my GP early september and had to go hospital for a blood test etc and wait for the results!

Will let you know what happens ..

Offline outertrial

I wish you the best with that. I would caution against getting too excited about the NHS though. I first saw my GP over a year ago and Ive been back and forth between endocrinologists, GPs and plastic surgeons ever since.

Theyre very good at passing the buck in the nhs, a process which usually takes 2 or 3 months each time. Its good that youve seen a doctor and it certainly gets a lot easier from there on in, but Id start looking at private surgeons now too.

GynO_DuDe

Well I really do hope NHS do a good job with me and dont' take the piss by delaying and keeping me going back & forth.

Private really isn't an option ... I need it done for free im 19 and a student can't afford Levicks £4,000 price tag.

GynO_DuDe

Btw ... the surgeon that will be seeing me is:

Mr D Ravichandran ... any one know anything about him??

GynO_DuDe

Done some Google-ing ... Found this on a NHS website:

Breast and Endocrine        

Mr M Pittam
Mr D Ravichandran       

Breast Surgery: A "one-stop" service is provided for new patients in the breast-screening centre. A complete range of treatment options including reconstructive surgery is provided.
Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgery: A comprehensive diagnostic and surgical service is provided.

GynO_DuDe

Went and saw my surgeon today -- was a piece of cake, told him I done my research on it, knew what the problem was etc, asked him if he had done any operations like this before he said he's done loads on men.

Any way, he's gonna put me on the waiting list but the next time I see him is on the day of the operation!

Looking forward to no breasts! he told me that it'll never come back once removed but if it looks big, its because theirs fluid behind their that will need to be drained.

But everyone seems to have that problem in the early days after the operation?

Any way, touch wood, the operation will go well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS FOR GIVING ME THE BALLS TO GO DOCTORS ABOUT THIS! Any one reading this that's still confused f*ck it, get your ass up and just go to your GP it'll be worth it!

Offline angel_allen

• Silver Member
my GP asked me if i wanted an appointment with breast surgeon 1st time she saw my t1ts.
i declined as I have seen a few pix of the mess these guys can make of poor women who go for mastectomys!
Id rather get a facelift for free but they arent on offer! Damn! ;)

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
well done lad :)
the feeling of wearing clothes that you couldnt wear before is amazing.
i wish id donme this 20 years ago when i was your age :)
you stick in there kidda
and well done :)
losing my moobs was almost as painless as losing my sanity

Offline brian85

very inspiring story!

iam 21, iam 6ft 5 and iam a very natural skinny build, so obviously iam more aware of the abnormal size of my chest. ive had big chest since i can remember the changing room teasing at school. i have the same problem with confidence, altho iam lucky to have a great girlfriend that see threw them.

i remember cryin to my mum about it, she mensioned a condition, but as i got older losing my comfort to discuss things like this to her, as u do at that age, i soon forgot she mensioned it.

anyways i found this site tonite, and after reading and discusing as little as i have i feel the healing process has begun, its a massive weight off my shoulder, i just hope its a massive weight of my chest sometime soon.

ill be making an appointment with my gp tomoz to discuss it more in detail.

thanks gyno uve given me just what i needed! all the best!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 04:35:49 PM by brian85 »

Offline NotFedup

• Gold Member
  • Surgery in Poland By Dr Baranski 24th Oct 2006
great to see another person inspired to get something done about it.
had my stitches removed last night and that was painless also.
seems the op isnt all that painful at all (in my case)
believe me it really isnt all that painful :)

SMFPacks CMS 1.0.3 © 2024